Make it better (season two episode two: sleeper)

Jack stormed up from the interrogation room. Okay... he was being unnecessarily aggressive and a little dramatic but he just couldn't help it. He stood before ianto. "Just us in this room... as long as it takes.... terrifying" ianto muttered in a low voice. "Really?" Jack queried his lip quirking up involuntarily ... he really shouldn't be proud of that. "Shivers down my spine" ianto confirmed. "You don't look scared..." jack replied as a sudden realisation that maybe ianto was just trying to boost his ego washed over him. "It.... passed" ianto muttered slowly. Jack grunted in frustration raising a clenched fist. He hoped ianto would take it as playful but the Welshman knew him better than that. He felt an arm pull him back. "Jack... you really are wired up about this aren't you?" Me murmured to his captain. Jack sighed angrily and glanced around the hub as a reply. He expected the Welshman to let him go but ianto wasn't done yet. He slid his hands so that they rested on jack's hips "I need you to calm down ... this isn't going to work if you don't". Jack felt himself being pulled closer by his hips until he felt Ianto's lips on his. The immortal couldn't help but melt into the kiss his fingers tangling in Ianto's soft hair as the tension left his body if just for a while.

The second time ianto worked his magic jack was over watching the team examine beth, a sour look on his face. Ianto sidled up beside him. Once he was confident that the team was occupied he wrapped his arms around jack's waist peppering kisses down the Captains neck. "Relax" he breathed into jack's ear. Jack could do nothing but obey as Ianto's mouth moved from his neck to his jaw. His eyes fluttered closed as Ianto's light kisses drew closer to his mouth, finally landing on the captains lips. They pulled away after a second, ianto still being careful about the team just metres away from them. "Don't like you all angry and dangerous and tense" ianto admitted as stroked the pad of his thumb over the back of jack's hand. Jack sighed at the touch "I'm sorry" he murmured giving a small smile. "There he is" Ianto grinned "there's the jack harkness I love to see". Ianto smoothed his hands over jack's arms adjusting the immortals braces gently.

The third time ianto calmed jack down was just before the team left towards the danger. Jack had yelled "NO GWEN FOR GODS SAKE ALL I ASKED WAS ONE THING AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN DO THAT". Immediately he felt himself being pulled aside. "Jack... jack breathe ... I know that you're stressed" ianto soothed "it's okay I'm here". Jack's breathing slowed from angry pants as his heart rate became a little more normal. Ianto shook his head fondly "what am I going to do with you" me muttered. "You're going to... kiss me?"
Jack muttered hopefully. Ianto smiled and pulled jack in pressing his lips to jack's almost lovingly. "Mhm yes I am but I'm also gonna tell you this" ianto murmured, leaning his forehead against jack's "you... are amazing ... but you are terrifying when you're annoyed... jack ... listen to me... I want you to try and relax while you're out there... just take a breath please I know you're trying to stop them for blowing things up and taking over the earth but please stay calm and rational okay? For me... and be careful you silly thing" ianto whispered affectionately as he ruffled jack's hair. He pulled jack into one last kiss before the captain took off. "Mmmm.... love you" jack murmured into ianto's mouth as they pulled away. Ianto watched jack turn and flee the room. They never spoke of jack's little confession again.

The forth and final real time ianto was comforting was after beth had died. He could tell jack was worked up by the way the captain slammed around the hub. He approached jack's office cautiously "jack?" He questioned walking into the room. "WE KILLED HER... BECAUSE IT WAS EASIER .... I VOWED THAT THIS TORCHWOOD WOULD NEVER BE LIKE THAT ... SHE DIDN'T DESERVE IT ... SHE WASN'T FULLY ACTIVATED YET" jack yelled the minute he had someone to yell at. He sat down heavily in his office chair, his breathing laboured with anger and hatred towards himself. Ianto made his way around the chair sliding his hands down jack's chest from behind soothing the muscles beneath his hands "it's okay..." he murmured "there was the danger that she could have killed gwen you just did what you thought was right at the time ... if a little rashly" he whispered in a heavier accent than normal. Jack leant back against iantos touch as the Welshman continued "jack ... I never blame you... neither do the others" he told the captain, pressing a small kiss to the top of jack's head. He felt jack tense again so he spun the captains chair around to face him. He cupped jack's face and leant in kissing the captain softly and slowly only pulling away to whisper sweet nothings into the immortals ear. Once again jack relaxed to the touch... ianto always knew how to make it better.