Kiss me like nobody's watching

"Are you... okay?" Ianto questioned, his voice low and tactful. Jack began to nod but paused and shook his head "it was so... violent" he murmured, struggling to keep his voice calm as his eyes pricked with tears. He bit his lip as he stared out across Cardiff from the roof top, biting his lip hard, "ianto" he choked as the tears began to fall. "Woah ... okay shhhh" ianto soothed as he wrapped his arms around jack, pulling the captain closer "it's okay I'm here... you're safe". Jack nodded "yeah... safe... this is nice" he replied, murmuring his broken thoughts.

Ianto ran a hand through jack's hair as they sat, later that day, in jack's office. "Everything okay si- jack?" He questioned, correcting himself just in time. Jack looked up into Ianto's eyes, defeated "I- it was so painful" he half sobbed as the tears began to spill over once again. "I know jack... I know, come here" Ianto murmured pulling jack over to him. "It was ... I was ... there was so much blood" jack managed to choke out "it was in my eyes and ... and my hair and ... and the worst part was... no one actually killed me" he sobbed finally snapping and allowing his hot tears to deep into Ianto's shoulder. "Jack... listen to me lovely ... Cariad... I said listen" he murmured firmly forcing jack to look into his eyes "I know..." he told him "slow deaths... are the worst sweetie... it's okay to cry... but I do need to know what really happened to be able to help you". Jack took a deep breath "well" he hesitated "I got up.. and myfanwy... she swooped ... she hit that metal bar... the one that needed fixing.. it fell.. so much blood" he shuddered burying his head in Ianto's neck once again. "Shhh shh" ianto soothed once again, he could guess what sort of death may have followed the falling rather sharp pole of metal.

The rift alert that sounded both terrified and excited ianto just as it always did. Jack rushed from his office throwing his coat on, he seemed confident as ever but ... only ianto noticed how he wobbled slightly or flinched when myfanwy flew a little too low for comfort. "Jack" ianto greeted as if he was just the person he was looking for "can you start the suv up?" He enquired, tossing jack the keys. Jack looked grateful as he caught the keys and rushed from the hub as if it was filling with rabid weevils. He smiled when moments later ianto joined him in the car, rushing ahead of the others to get to the passenger seat. As he drove he felt a hand on his knee "you okay?" Ianto murmured, just loud enough for only jack to hear. Jack gave a small nod "it's a little better now" he confirmed as ianto's touch seemed to absorb his nervous shakes.

It all went downhill though at the silliest of things. He was running down a alley way when... CLANG. He heard it. Metal falling behind him. He stood, stock still, unable to move. Owen turned to stare at him "jack? Jack mate come on ... jack?". Jack suddenly felt very small, "ianto" he muttered as he began to shake, his breathing becoming laboured. "GUYS?" Owen shouted out of the alleyway "SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH JACK!". The rest of the team came running, fearing the worst. They stared in confusion, jack seemed okay he wasn't visibility hurt... but ... he didn't particularly seem okay either. Jack stood still, pale as a ghost as his eyes flicked to ianto, pure fear evident in his gaze. Ianto's eyes scanned the surroundings when they fell on a metal pole behind jack. He remembered the sound of metal hitting concrete that had rang out into the night sky as he dropped his kit and rushed to jack. "Jack ... jack look at me ... it's me ... look" he babbled taking jacks wrists in his hands, he felt terrible for not checking on jack as soon as the metal clanged. "Look you're safe and sound... we even caught that alien that's good yeah?" He pressed, smiling when jack nodded slightly. Normally he'd kiss jack, let the immortal melt into his touch as he took away the pain and panic even if it was just momentarily but... the team... screw it what did he care about the team... all he cared about at the moment was jack. "Kiss me?" he murmured to jack, it wasn't an order or a request ... it was a question. "W-what?" Jack stuttered glancing to the team... he couldn't have heard Ianto's correctly ... could he?". Ianto took a breath "you heard me jack" he told the immortal as he lifted a hand to cup jack's face "I can make this all go away jack... just for a bit so... kiss me like nobody's watching" he leant closer "even if they are" he whispered. Then his lips were on jack's, his arms pulling the captain closer, marking his territory and protecting him from evil.