Homophobia

A/N:
⚠️Tw: homophobia ... obviously⚠️
————————————————————————

They had heard about rift activity. Ianto was finally with the team on the field. Everything was amazing until. "HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN.... SIGN UP TODAY TO BE CURED...." the protesters shouted. Ianto froze, he didnt want to hear this... but he couldn't get away from it. He grabbed jacks arm instinctively, seeking comfort until someone pointed toward him "HE LOOKS LIKE HE NEEDS YOUR HELP" they exclaimed bluntly. Ianto dropped jack's arm like it was hot. He couldn't do this he just couldn't. He set off towards the SUV "IANTO!" Gwen exclaimed exasperatedly "WHAT THE HELL DON'T JUST LEAVE US". "I UH... MIGRAINE" ianto called back. Owen tappped Gwen on the shoulder "leave him .... he looked a bit pale jack I did tell you field work wouldn't be for him" he announced, almost kindly. Tosh wondered if Owen could see the real reason that ianto rushed off like that. Ianto pushed his way through the crowds of homophobes, they had all seen him grab jack's arm in desperation.
"Ugh get away fag"
"Disgusting"
"You need help"
"Don't touch me"
"Don't infect me"
"ugh i touched it ... pass me the hand sanitiser".
Ianto set his face in a blank mask as he rushed towards the SUV. He opened the door and clambered into the back seat. The windows were blacked out at the back... no one could see in... he was safe. He curled up on the back seat making sure he had locked himself in before he allowed the tears to fall. He didn't know why it affected him so much. Actually, he did... he loved jack and jack had taught him to love himself as well and now... he felt worthless again.

Back with the team jack stared anxiously in the direction of ianto. "He did look pale..." he wondered out loud "I'll just go and check on him". With that jack was gone pushing his own way though the crowd. He made it too the SUV and there was no sign of ianto, he assumed the Welshman was in the back. He tried the door but it was locked... so he knocked on the window "ianto..." he called softly "yan darling ... it's only me". He heard the car click as it was unlocked, presumably from the inside. He opened the car door and slipped inside somehow sensing that Ianto didn't much want to be exposed to the world through an open car door. He closed the door gently behind him before he turned to look at ianto. He hadn't been prepared to see the Welshman curled up in the corner of the seats with tears running down his face. "Ianto... whats wrong... do you feel that ill? Shall I get Owen?" Jack babbled stopping when ianto shook his head gently "no ... I'm ... I'm not actually ill jack..." ianto mumbled through his tears. "Wait then ... what's wrong" jack questioned trying to pinpoint the moment Ianto's face had paled. It had been just when ianto grabbed his arm around the pro- ohhhhh. "Hey Ianto... was it because of the ... protesters" jack asked him. Ianto could do nothing but nod quietly. Jack shifted closer to ianto until he could reach out an arm to Ianto "I'm sorry Ianto I didn't realise how it affected you" he apologised into the welshman's soft hair. "It's just ..." Ianto's began as he breathed through his slowly subsiding sobs "all my life people shunned people like ... like us and ... and I was taught to just suppress it and only go for girls and don't get me wrong girls are great and I loved Lisa so so so so but sometimes I wished I could date a boy but I didn't dare try... then I met you and you taught me that actually it's okay and..." he took a breath "and I love you" he confessed. Jack stoat still for a second a little shocked before he pressed a kiss to Ianto's head. "I love you too" he murmured softly "and there's nothing wrong with us". Ianto relaxed against jack happily, suddenly feeling very sleepy from his crying. Jack glanced down with a small smile at the Welshman who had fallen asleep in a matter of seconds. The others could deal with the rift he would just have to tell them Ianto was unwell and shouldn't be left alone. Yes... that was a good plan.