This is torchwood

Jack stumbled out of his office. It was late again and he was on his way to turn out the lights and go to bed when he noticed a figure. He frowned, he thought he had sent the others home ages ago. The figure adjusted their suit and jack smiled. Ianto. "It's late... go home ianto". "No" came the slightly too unstable welsh voice Ianto still had his back to the captain. "Ianto?..... are you okay?". Jack walked towards ianto tentatively it had been a trying day for the team with John hart attempting to kill them all. He reached out a hand to touch the younger mans shoulder. Ianto jumped and spun round. Jack had not been prepared for what he saw. Ianto's normally neatly groomed hair stuck up in odd angles his normally twinkling eyes were wide and rimmed red. He had tear streaks old and new running over his smooth skin. "How can I go home jack !" He exploded "how can I go home without knowing you're not going to leave me again". Jack smiled warmly "ianto I just got back..". "NO JACK you walk in and out of my life like I'm some sort of fucking train station and just EXPECT me to be okay with it ? Well I'm not okay with it because you think it's fixed with a smile and a 'I came back for you'". Jacks smile faltered "I always loved you ianto" "What's the difference.." ianto said tearily and jack froze... he knew that voice. That was the voice of a broken man. The very same broken man who had asked him if he had ever loved someone, after the owner of that voice had lost their girlfriend. "You were never there" ianto finished quietly and scarily calmly before walking over to the sofa and taking a seat. He watched as ianto seemed to switch personalities. Ianto dried his eyes and replaced his mask. "It's late sir do you need me to stay?" He asked his voice dripping with violent sarcasm before he stalked out of the door leaving jack shattered into a million pieces like a glass slipper. Except this was no fairytale. It was torchwood.