Five times jack and ianto were bad at their secret and one time they weren't

The phone incident (1)
"YOU KNOW WHAT TOSH?!" Ianto yelled as he stormed into the hub. "Jack thinks he's sooooo perfect. He thinks he's above us all!! he thinks he can swan around acting all captainy. Captain jack saving the world! But no one ever thanks the archiv-" his phone buzzed "oh never mind he texted back". Tosh smiled as ianto waved a hand in dismissal disappearing into his archives his eyes glued to his screen as he typed a reply. When would those two see that they were smitten with each other?

Donuts on a Monday (2)
Owen made a gagging sound as jack fed ianto the last bite of his donut. "Will you two stop acting all lovey dovey for two seconds". Ianto frowned "we're not and we don't" he protested. Jack nodded earnestly as he made to leave, walking briskly and dramatically (as usual), "what... he said". Owen glanced at ianto with a disgruntled expression "since when did we have donuts on a Monday anyway I thought they were, and I quote you, 'a Friday treat'" he added quote marks in the air with his fingers for emphasis. "Jack wanted them..." a soft expression glazed over his eyes and Owen immediately regretted asking. "I did tell him they were for fridays but he really wanted them. And he does this thing with his eyes that helps him get whatever he wants. I suppose it's rather endearing really. I mean you really can't say no... also-" he was cut off by Owens hand motioning a stop signal. "I'm gonna stop you there .. you're gushing and I" Owen gestured to himself dramatically "I do not COPE with gushing".

Suit slip up (3)
Gwen leant over to tosh "is it just me? Or did ianto wear that exact suit yesterday ... same shirt and everything?". Tosh glanced discreetly before throwing a slight nod in gwen's direction "I think you're right" she murmured. They watched as ianto busied himself around the hub before disappearing to make coffee. "Maybe it's just similar? I mean why would he have stayed here all night" Gwen suggested. Tosh glanced around suspiciously before pulling up the cctv footage from the day before. "Nope Same suit ... but today he's missing the waistcoat" she pointed out as she magnified the image. "And he didn't leave the hub last night... or enter this morning" she elaborated as she skipped through frames. Gwen frowned "missing the waist coat?". Her eyes ghosted over the messy hub until her eyes landed on a small cloth bundle in the corner. She rolled her chair across the metal grating and held up the offending garment "this waist coat?.. if it's here why isn't he wearing it ... oh". Tosh raised her eyebrow in a questioning manner "all the buttons are gone .. like ripped off" Gwen added in reply to Tosh's expression. "It's a lot like what happens to an item of clothing when you're hurrying to you know" she raised her eyebrows suggestively. Tosh gasped quietly "you don't think..." she suggested glancing at jack's office. Gwen shrugged mouthing 'dunno' as she dumped the waist coat where she had found it and rolled her chair back up to her computer, just in time for ianto to return with coffee.

She wasn't book... she forgot her eavesdropping (4)
It was week two of Gwen's secret investigation. She called it 'project: janto'. Granted it mostly consisted of timing how long ianto was in jack's office and listening out side of doors but what could a girl do. This particular day she was listening to a rather game changing conversation.
"Jack I'm not saying the email is bad... I'm just saying it ... needs some improvement"
"Excuse me ianto I think I know how to write an email"
"Jack you can't sign a formal email .. love Jack"
"Jealous? Don't worry I don't love them as much as I love you"
"You wish ... jack how did you spell 'specific' wrong?"
"That's not how you spell it"
"No Jack the Pacific is an ocean.."
Gwen could practically hear the facepalm. But she was buzzing about those three little words the caption had uttered to Ianto 'I love you'. She was so elated about it that she didn't notice the door being opened ... until she fell through it. Ianto caught her, looking surprised as she shot upright. "I- uuhhh I wasn't ... book I forgot my eavesdropping" she stuttered, snatching a book off of a nearby chair.

The death of jack... again (5)
Jack died. Just like Normal. And, like every other time, the team pretended not to notice how ianto rushed to his side. They turned a blind eye when the Welshman cradled jack's lifeless body in his arms, whispering sweet nothings until the captain jerked back to life with a painful gasp. They especially pretended not to notice the way jack clung to ianto as he reminded his lungs how to breath. The team definitely didn't hear the pet name 'cariad' that slipped from Ianto's lips. Of course the team ignored this. This was torchwood. Weirder stuff happened on the daily. But those stories are for another day.

Discreet and sweet (1)
It was the meetings. Always the meetings. The long boring meetings, that ianto doodled in. The others must have assumed he was taking notes, but in reality he was drawing what jack described as 'swirly designs'. He tilted his notebook to show jack his latest creation. The captain couldn't give more than a smile and a nod as he continued addressing the team but ianto knew he liked it. He had doodled 'I really like your coat' in italic writing, adding detailed flower designs blooming around it. A few moments passed and ianto was bored again he scribbled a few words into his pad and nudged jack under the table. Jack turned his head as he spoke and chuckled slightly choking on his words. The rest of the team frowned... what could have possibly made their boss laugh in a dull meeting about finances, after all that's what they thought Ianto's notes were about. Jack had, in fact, read the words 'are you a weevil? Cause you always attack my neck'. Ianto's 'notes' were often the only good things to come out of meetings.