Hello blade

A/N:
⚠️tw: attempted suicide (sort of accidental you'll kinda see what i mean)⚠️
————————————————————————

A sob rippled over the comms causing jack to snap out of his half asleep state and sit up straight in his chair. Who was still in the hub? He thought they'd all gone home. There was one person who he knew would have stayed late. He clicked the button on the side of his earpiece "Ianto?" He questioned into the now silent comms. There was a slight static sound before a voice answered sounding as professional as ever, if slightly nasally "hello sir... I didn't know you were still awake... can I help you?". Jack pondered for a moment before speaking "ianto I couldn't help but hear something ... are you okay?". Jack didn't know what he expected... maybe he'd expected Ianto to keep his mask but what he heard was much more heart wrenching. "Sir why wouldn't I..." the Welshman trailed off, his voice sounding as if had shattered into a million pieces "no...." came a small voice through the comms, barely making it to jack. "Ianto" Jack half demanded urgently as he heard the broken sobs and harsh breaths pick up considerably "ianto where are you?... you're in the hub yeah". Ianto didn't answer his question instead he uttered in a small voice "jack.... jack I've done something stupid" he croaked. Jack's heart plummeted "ianto..." he breathed for what seemed like the tenth time in a minute "ianto where are you ... what have you done". Ianto sobbed harder at jack's tone "archives sorry ... sorry there's blood I hate blood ... jack i'm so stupid". Jack's heart felt like it was shattering further at the bottom of his stomach "I'm coming to find you ... the archives are big ... i can use my wrist strap to find you okay?".

Jack followed the life signs through the archives trying not to focus on the fact it used body heat to find someone and the location was slowly fading. That's when he saw him. Crumpled on the floor, his cheeks tear stained and blood spotting his shirt sleeve. "Ianto" he gasped rushing forward and lightly taking the blade from his weakening grip. He held iantos wrist, thankful that the Welshman was feeling faint from the sight of the blood and not the actual blood loss itself. Still he had to work quickly. He opened the med kit he had grabbed on his way and rummaged around until he found the correct bandages and cleaning supplies "alright ianto... it's okay ... no dont apologise... when you're all cleaned up you're going to tell me why though" he muttered as he stopped the bleeding as best he could before bandaging up the archivists wrist. He lead ianto back into the main hub sitting him on the sofa and offering him a shirt. He hated seeing the spots of blood on ianto's own shirt. He waited while ianto sipped on a glass of water before he spoke. "Why ianto?" He murmured in a soft tone "are you really that desperately unhappy?". Ianto shook his head "no I... I wasn't trying to... I don't know what I was doing... I was just so scared ... didn't know what to do... I ... didn't know if I was going to do it ... I was kind of just resting the blade there... almost threatening myself .... but then I heard your voice and ... I slipped... as soon as I saw the blood... I knew I'd fucked up ... I'm sorry jack I was just so scared". Tears threatened at jack's eyes "whats this his fault? Should he not have said anything?". Ianto seemed to almost read his mind "it's not your fault jack ... I'm just such an idiot. Jack decided to settle on a question "why are you scared ianto?". Ianto paused "it sounds silly now but ... I think... I think I'm falling in love". Jack sighed, he knew how it felt... he knew the guilt of falling in love again after losing someone so dear to you like ianto had with Lisa. "Ianto ... I ... I know it's hard but ... no girls worth ... this" he gestured around vaguely but Ianto knew what he meant. The Welshman averted his eyes "not ... not a girl" he muttered, seeming almost ashamed "Thats why I'm so scared". Jack softened "there's nothing wrong with it ianto ... some people discover it later than others". But ianto was shaking his head "no it's .. I've known since I was ... like really young but my dad he..." ianto trailed off with a shudder. Jack felt a flare of rage tear through him at ianto's reaction to the mention of his father. How had someone hurt ianto so badly that the mere mention of him caused him hurt. "No guys worth it either" jack muttered gently. Ianto looked up at him "tears in his eyes ... this one is ... and ... I can never have him.. he would never go for someone like me... I mean look at me" he gestured to himself in disgust. Jack raised an eyebrow, had ianto looked in the mirror lately? he was gorgeous. "Anyone would be lucky to have you ianto don't talk like that". Ianto shook his head once again "no this guy could get so much better ... He's had so much better ... the thing is he's such a flirt and I know he never actually means anything with he flirts with me". Jack softened reaching out hand and stroking Ianto's arm "tell me about him do I know him?" he murmured. Ianto nodded "you know him... so very well... he's handsome and sometimes a little cold and distant but he's never meant anything personal by it ... he likes to flirt but I'm pretty sure he's had his heart shattered a few times" he mumbled. Jack frowned thinking of someone like this that he could possibly know well "hang on?" He exclaimed "it's not owen is it?". Ianto huffed a laugh despite himself "no definitely not" he exclaimed. Ianto's began to talk again "He's sweet to me... he notices me more than others and he's..." ianto trailed off looking uncertain. Jack smiled encouragingly "you can tell me" he urged. Ianto smiled sweetly and tearfully as he fidgeted with his bandage "and he's .... sitting right in front of me" he finished closing his eyes in embarrassment. Jack's eyes widened in astonishment... ianto was talking about him? Before he really knew what he was doing he was throwing himself at ianto, crushing their lips together and marvelling at how well they fit together. They pulled away for breath and Ianto looked away "I don't need you to take pity on me" he murmured sadly as a tear dropped down his cheek. Jack swiped it away with his thumb as he cupped Ianto's face. He'd have to make sure he raised Ianto's self esteem considerably if he thought no one actually wanted him. Jack certainly wanted him and not just for sex for once... he wanted to make ianto happy and safe.