ianto sick fic/oneshot

Ianto was never sick. That's why he refused to believe that he was sick as he rushed into work, stifling a cough and making sure nobody heard him sniff as he set to work making their coffee. "Morning" he said gruffly to Gwen and tosh as he placed their mugs on their desks. "You alright?" Owen asked eying ianto suspiciously as ianto handed him a cup of coffee. Ianto gave him a smile and nodded "just tired" he assured him "late night last night".

Ianto set off to jacks office with his coffee in hand. He cracked the door open and walked briskly over to the desk before placing the mug on it "your coffee jack". Jack looked up at him and smiled "thanks ianto". Just before ianto reached the door jack frowned "ianto?? Turn round for a second will you?". Ianto sighed, he didn't want another lecture on the correct way to tie a tie for the fifth time he already had a headache as it was. He spun on his heel a little too quickly, he soon realised, as the room spun a little. He watched as jacks eyes seemed to scan him. At first glance ianto looked fine his cheeks were flushed and his eyes were bright however as second glance his cheeks were a little too flushed and his eyes were a little too bright "are you... feeling alright ianto?" Jack enquired in a softer voice than normal. Ianto nodded briskly, which he immediately regretted, "never better" he said almost getting away with it as he turned to leave however just before he reached the door his nose decided to betray him as he let out a small sneeze. He glanced at jack to see if he noticed and it was obvious he had "that was the single cutest sneeze I think I've ever heard in my life" jack said with a smile "but you're coming to Owen mister" jack said as he briskly walked up to ianto taking him by the arm as ianto weakly protested "jack no please".

"Owen check him over" jack demanded as he pushed ianto into the Med bay. "Excuse me?" Owen protested "what if I'm busy?". Jack fixed him with his best glare "ianto com- I mean colleagues come first". Owen sighed a dramatised sigh "alright then tea boy let's have a look at you".

After Owens check up on ianto, with jack watching anxiously from a corner, he had come to one conclusion "he's got a cold" he said moving away from ianto looking disinterested. Jack on the other hand, looked as if he had just been told ianto had the plague "so he IS sick then" he said with sympathy in his voice. Owen looked at him in confusion "yes but it's just a cold -" he was cut off by jack rushing across the med bay to fling his arms around ianto "poor ianto babyyy". "Can you please keep your public displays of affection out of my med bay please" Owen said wrinkling his nose at the couple before an idea struck him. Ianto looked visibly uncomfortable with the attention and perhaps this is what gave him the cruel idea "actually jack .... ianto might benefit from some rest. somewhere where I can monitor him like the hub sofa?" He said with a smirk in his voice. Jack looked at him as if he had just had the best idea in the world while ianto looked as if the same medic had suggested they fed him to the pterodactyl. "OH!" Jack exclaimed excitedly as he remembered something "didn't you bring some pyjamas to my bunker ?? You can wear them and be all cosy". Owen almost laughed at the horror in ianto's face "ah yes he must be comfortable in order to get better.... doctors orders ". And with that confirmation jack dragged ianto out of the med bay and across the hub. When they reached his bunker he routed through the draws until he found ianto's pjs. Ianto blushed Scarlett as he realised the the pyjamas he had brought were ones he never actually intended to wear. They were blue with small green Dinosaurs all over them and, when he put them on, jack smiled and called him adorable which, by the way, he was not thank you very much. Jack pulled him back into the middle of the hub and announced to tosh and Gwen that "Ianto's sick which means you all have to be nice to him and he has to rest on the hub couch in his pyjamas". Sympathy crossed Gwens face "oh noooo" she said without looking up until, that is, she processed the rest of jacks statement "Wait... in his?? Awwwww" she cooed as she spotted ianto him his pjs "tosh look at little ianto in his jim jaammss". Tosh looked up and a similar expression crossed her face, they were looking at ianto as if he was five years old. To be fair he did look rather like a grumpy toddler as he crossed his arms in annoyance and sneezed taking himself by surprise as he fell back onto the sofa. Jack, tosh and Gwen laughed adoringly at him.

The team learned two things about ianto that day...
One was that he did not like taking cough medicine no matter the circumstances.
And two was that he was terrified of spiders (and so was jack)

The first point they learned pretty quickly when ianto refused to take the medicine that jack brought him. "Come on ianto" he had coaxed pouring some onto a spoon "it's not that bad". Ianto glared at the spoon as if it was the devil himself. "Come on love it'll make you feel better" Gwen had said as she sat at her computer. "I feel fine" ianto muttered before letting out a particularly harsh cough which made him frown at jack as if it was his fault. "Come on cariad..." jack said letting the pet name slip almost forgetting Gwen could speak Welsh, that was until he heard her mumble "awww cariad....". Ianto softened and opened his mouth as jack praised him as if he was working with a toddler. Ianto grimaced and shuddered as the cough medicine coated his mouth and he soon made grabby hands at the glass of water which jack gladly passed to him with a smile.

The next point the team learned quite by accident they had all been in the kitchen trying to figure out the coffee machine without ianto's help when they heard a blood curdling scream from the main hub. They all ran out to ianto concern painted all over their faces "what the fuck happened ianto?" Owen asked him half exasperated when he realised there was no monster or escaped weevil as he had once feared. Ianto sat in the corner of the room shaking slightly as he extended one accusing finger to a rather large spider perched peacefully on the top of the sofa "jack get it" he said in a small voice. Jacks eyes widened as he laid eyes on the offender "hell no im not going anywhere near that!" He exclaimed as the rest of the team gave him a questioning look "what?" He asked them "spiders are demons". Tosh advanced towards the spider and scooped it up in her hands "pair of babies" she said as she made her way towards the door of the hub to get rid of the spider pretending to throw it at jack on her way which earned her a squeal and jump from the normally calm captain and a laugh from the rest of the team.

Ianto did get better in the end. Let's just say he might have pretended for a day or two. It was nice to be cared for for once.