Pain to kill pain part two: closure (mini oneshot: 456 words)

He woke with a throbbing head and a pain in his arm. What had he done last night? Cold.... something cold. Someone was pressing something cold to his collarbone. He lifted his head from the pillow staring groggily at his helper, was that?... "jack?" He murmured painfully. Jack looked up from where he was nursing Ianto's bruises "woah woah woah, don't move too much" he warned trying to keep the Welshman still. Ianto obeyed.

"What... happened?" He groaned, when jack finally helped him to sit up. The immortal peered at him for a second "you were... simply... a wreck" he attempted to explain. Ianto thought he heard the captains voice break slightly, but he must have been mistaken. "Drink ... drugs?" Ianto suggested, jack nodded silently. He glanced down at his bandages arm "oh god did I...". The look on his captains face said it all ... well, not HIS captain per say. "Oh god jack I'm sorry I just... you don't have to stay, you don't I promise I'll... or maybe I'll just finish myself off would that be-"
"Do you want to die ianto..." jack cut off his ramblings in a scarily somber voice. Ianto seemed to think for a second "no ... yes... I don't know ... maybe? I'm just ... so afraid" he admitted. "Afraid of... dying?" The immortal questioned, ianto shook his head "no... I'm afraid of... living and really jack? Honestly? I'm not sure I have anything to live for".

As he stared into they eyes of his boss, the man who had saved him and hurt him, he realised one thing: jack always did what was best. He half expected jack to dismiss him, give him sick leave or worse ... fire him. Instead though, the immortal surged forward capturing Ianto's lips with his. The kiss was short and sweet, gentle. Ianto hadn't had a kiss like that in... a long time. "Then I'll give you something to live for" jack murmured as he pulled away slowly "oh god... you're crying. why are you crying? did I do something wrong?". Ianto shook his head slowly, tears still slipping from his eyes "no" he said huffing out a small laugh "no... I'm... why are you so nice to me jack?". He felt the captain take his hand smoothing his fingers over iantos skin "because you matter ianto... you might not think you do... but you do.. to me". Tears had begun to slip down the face of the immortal too as he pulled ianto close. He meant it. Ianto did matter. He loved the sarcastic welshman, he might not say it, but he did. What he did say, however, was this: "and... you never will just be a blip in time ianto jones ... not for me".