Fourty-five

Luke POV

"I fucked up. Big time." Zeg ik gefrustreerd en haal mijn hand door mijn haar.

"Luke, you did a good thing telling me. I would have find out eventually."

"Yeah, but than she wouldn't hate me!" Roep ik terug.

"Luke, you need to calm down!" Zegt Michael. "You can't change what you've done. And she can't stay mad at you for forever." Ashton snuift even en ik zie Michael hem een boze blik toewerpen.

"You know, this is all your fault too." Zeg ik dan.

"What? Why?" Vraagt Calum.

"You forced me to tell you guys."

"Excuse me," Zegt Calum. "But I have nothing to do with this."

"Shut up, Calum." Zucht ik gefrustreerd. "I finally had a chance with her, and now everything is ruined!" Klaag ik.

"You can still fix it." Zegt Ashton zacht. "She's my sister, I know he-"

"Don't you dare to tell me that you know her, because you don't know shit about her." Zeg ik kwaad.

"Hey, no need to get angry at me." Ik rol met mijn ogen en schud licht mijn hoofd. Ik neem mijn telefoon en besluit om haar te sms'en, aangezien ik weet dat ze toch niet zal opnemen als ik telefoneer.

Luke : Acacia, baby, please, I'm so sorry

Luke : God I'm such an idiot

Luke : Please forgive your giant

Luke : I'm willing to beg you

Luke : I'm on my knees please Acacia

Maar een antwoord krijg ik niet. Wat had ik dan ook verwacht.

"Dude, she's not going to answer." Zegt Calum zacht.

"I KNOW!" Roep ik gefrustreerd. Calum schrikt van mijn reactie en zet enkele stappen achteruit. Ik voel me meteen schuldig, en wil sorry zeggen, maar dan merk ik iets. "Where's Ashton?" Ik kijk op naar Michael en Calum die naar elkaar kijken en dan beide plots erg zenuwachtig worden. "Where is he?"

"He, uhm, is upstairs." Zegt Michael. "I think in the kitchen?" Ik sta op en wil al naar de keldertrap toelopen, maar wordt tegengehouden door Michael. "I wouldn't do that." Zegt hij dan.

"Why?"

"He, well, ..."

"Oh c'mon! Just say it!" Zeg ik gefrustreerd.

"Ash is talking to his parents." Zegt Michael dan zacht. Ik kijk hem afwachtend aan,. "About Acacia ..." Zegt hij dan achterna. Mijn ogen worden groot.

"What? Why?!"

"Well, they wanted to know why she ran away, so he decided to tell them everything." Zegt Calum en komt nu ook langzaam dichterbij.

"Is he fucking insane?! This will ruin her life!" Roep ik gefrustreerd uit. "She will probably get, like, I don't know, house arrest for the rest of her life?!"

"Luke, that's not your fault. She did all those things. She was the one getting a tattoo without permission, she was the one smoking and drinking and having a boyfriend. Not you. So you need to stop feeling guilty about this." Zegt Michael en laat mijn arm nu los.

"But, Mikey, you don't understand. She trusted me with this. She trusted me that I wouldn't tell it to Ash. And I did. You guys don't know this, but that day at the beach, we actually kissed. She told me she liked me, but she needed some time. And I gave her that time. We were like almost together. And now everything is ruined, because I couldn't keep my fucking mouth shut."

"Oh." Zegt Michael, en ook Calum kijkt me ongelovig aan.

"You kissed her? You kissed a girl?"

"Calum, not now." Zegt Michael stilletjes tegen Calum.

"I need to find her." Zeg ik dan. "I need to warn her."

"Luke, you don't even know where she went."

"I don't care. I will find her." Zeg ik vastberaden en gris mijn vest van de zetel. "I need to find her." Mompel ik achterna en storm de trap op.