Chapter Two-Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time ✓

The outfit she's wearing will always be at the top
—————
"Champagne, cocaine, gasoline
And most things in between
I roam the city in a shopping cart
A pack of camels and a smoke alarm
This night is heating up
Raise hell and turn it up
Saying "If you go out you might pass out in a drain pipe"
Oh yeah, don't threaten me with a good time"
-Panic!At The Disco

The outfit she's wearing will always be at the top—————"Champagne, cocaine, gasolineAnd most things in betweenI roam the city in a shopping cartA pack of camels and a smoke alarmThis night is heating upRaise hell and turn it upSaying "If you go ou...

—————
After Hodge had showed us the bargaining chip, we were immediately dragged into Clary's rescue mission for her memories. I doubted we could ever get out now. Izzy had pulled me to her bedroom as Jace took Clary and Joe. Joe could be a lovely third wheel over there.

Izzy tackled me onto her bed as soon as we got into her room.
"Don't do that again! Three fucking years!" Izzy said, tears welling against her eyes.
Isabelle Lightwood rarely cried, hell, none of them did. I embraced my parabatai, wrapping my arms around her waist from under her.
"I'm so sorry Iz" I mumbled against her shoulder.
After a few minutes, she pulled away, standing up and smiling weakly.

"I get why you left. I couldn't imagine both my parents dying so suddenly and I know you needed to be with your brothers" She said, moving to look through her wardrobe.
"It was selfish, especially the way I left things with Alec" I mumbled.
Izzy turned, smirking evilly. She knew of my evident crush on the older lightwood, not by my choice. We were parabatai, lying was hard. Especially about feelings. I rolled my eyes (gif above) trying not to frown.
"Oh he was heartbroken, although he won't admit it," Izzy said half heartedly, "we honestly thought you were all gone for good"
"Yeah...sorry for not staying in touch. It was just really hard" I said, guilt eating up at me.

My parents loved the Lightwoods and Jace, although he was one at heart, and treat them like their own children. Even though, granted, they already had four. Yet my parents had a parental instinct to any children. It was too hard to stay in contact, be reminded of them. This was the first time I'd actually been back to the institute in three years. The last time I was here was before I left for Alicante, a few weeks after my parents died. A lot of what made it harder was my younger brother, Nick, just shut me out. It was like that with Joe for a bit. I looked so much like mom, it hurt them. I understood that, I felt like that when I looked in the mirror.

Clary walked in, cutting our conversation off completely.
"Jace said you wanted to see me?" She questioned, glancing at me sat on the bed.
"That's right. What're you wearing to the downworlder party tonight?" Izzy questioned, turning and waiting for Clary's answer.
"I don't know, I was thinking of just wearing this" she answered honestly.
I had to suppress a chuckle. Izzy looked shocked that she even dared to suggest that.
"Wrong answer" I piped up.
"I don't think so. No downworlder would be caught dead in that. Plus it's a party, not a poetry slam" Izzy said, turning back to dig through her wardrobe.