Chapter Twenty Eight-Comeback ✓

"Wherever you are right now
Know somehow
I'll be on the way like a bat out of hell
Heaven knows I'm proud but I'll turn 'round
Baby, if you stay then I won't to let you down, oh
Whatever we've done, whatever we'll do
Baby, if you come back now
I'll come back to you

Come back to me, baby, I'll come back to you
Light up the world like only you can do
If you're lost on the way then I'll get lost too
Come back to me, baby, I'll come back to you"
-Jonas Brothers

Come back to me, baby, I'll come back to youLight up the world like only you can doIf you're lost on the way then I'll get lost tooCome back to me, baby, I'll come back to you"-Jonas Brothers

——————————
"No, it's too late, I..." Alec mumbled as we still tried to come up with ideas to get him out fo the institute.
"Alec?" I questioned.
I sighed, feeling hope drain out of me. Magnus met my gaze, curling his lip up in annoyance. Magnus threw something across across the room, it shattering on impact.
"You know you're gonna have to clean that up? I feel you, man, but I have direct orders. If you can't help him, then you need to go" Raj spoke up.
"Magnus' magic is the only thing keeping Alec from completely slipping away. I'd suggest you shut up, he's not leaving" I told Raj, glaring at the stupid man.
"I know you've been in Idris awhile so you might not remember the procedures but he's clearly not waking up anytime soon. So if he's not going to leave, I can remove him myself-" Raj said with a arrogant smirk.
"Oh I'd like to see you try!" I spat at him.

Raj tries to step closer, but before he can try anything Magnus pins him against the wall and chokes him with magic.
"I'm sorry, I don't like being rushed" Magnus spoke with fake sweetness.
"Magnus, stop!," Izzy called as she came into the room, "we need to get Alec out of here, but this isn't helping"

****
"Are you sure Iz?" I asked my parabatai.
"Of course. Be with him, I'll be there when I can" Izzy said as Magnus took Alec through the portal.
"You're amazing" I whispered, hugging her.
"I know" Izzy gloated with a smile.
We parted as I kissed Izzy's forehead in a motherly way.
"We'll get them both back" I told her with a smile.
"I know we will. I can't bare to think what would happen if we didn't" she responded.
"You've got me, remember?" I told the younger Lightwood.
"How could I forget, parabatai" she whispered.
I nodded, turning and stepping through the portal to Magnus' apartment.

Stepping into Magnus' apartment, i saw Alec on the couch as Magnus was using his magic again.
"I know the bond is strong, but I never thought parabatai went to these extremes" Magnus spoke out loud.
I sat on my knees next to Magnus, right by Alec on the floor.
"I would do anything for Izzy if it was her in danger" I replied.
"Didn't you leave her?," He questioned cautiously, "not to intrude"
"No it's fine. I did, but it was different. We knew where each other were and I could feel Izzy and knew she was okay. Alec, he...he can't feel Jace because he's been over water" I explained as Magnus nodded.
"Why did you leave?" He pressed on.
"My parents....were apart of the circle. When they were murdered, they were trying to get us next. Guess they were circle members with personal grudges," I shrugged, "they were threatening people close to us. Idris was the only safe place" I carried on, tears coming to my eyes as I thought of my parents.
"So that's why you left so suddenly" Magnus remarked as I nodded.