Chapter Thirty One-Heaven/Hell

(A/N: Thats what her hair always looks like because I know it changes through some gifs and pictures)

"Is this heaven or is this hell?
Through a silver screen, you're sayin' what you mean
But I can't tell
Is this heaven or is this hell?
If none of this is real, then show me what you feel
'Cause I can't tell"
-CHVRHES

"Is this heaven or is this hell?Through a silver screen, you're sayin' what you meanBut I can't tellIs this heaven or is this hell?If none of this is real, then show me what you feel'Cause I can't tell"-CHVRHES

—————————
"You all need to stop getting hospitalised on the same day" I remarked, walking in to see Joe and Izzy in infirmary beds, Nick sitting on Izzy's bed.
"We'll try not to make a habit of it" Nick remarked as he moved so I could sit on the edge of Izzy's bed.
"How're you feeling?" I asked, grabbing her hand in mine.
"Better," she said, "have you seen Alec?"
"Not since he brought you in here last night. Jace has gone to look for him" I told her.
"I hope he's alright" she said, biting her lip nervously.
"He just needs time" I told her with a solemn smile.

****
"During the attack on the City of Bones, Jace Wayland fought bravely, and thus the Clave, in their wisdom, has exonerated him from all crimes. And the chief physician in Idris reports that Lydia Branwell's condition continues to improve" Aldertree spoke in front of us.
Granted, Alec and Clary were nowhere to be seen. I knew they both needed time, for different reasons.
"Out of the infirmary in record time. Looking good" Jace said to Izzy as she walked over.
"I always look good. Where's Alec?" She questioned, looking towards me.
I shrugged, genuinely not knowing. I haven't seen him since the demon attack two days ago.
"He needs some space" Jace answered, glancing at me.
"We face a new threat. Valentine has the Mortal Cup and now possesses the Soul-Sword, two of the three Mortal Instruments. Our mission now is to find out what he plans to do with them, and when" Aldertree carried on.

"You okay?" Izzy questioned the blonde.
It was obvious there was tension in the institute, and not from the demon attacks. Jace was considered a traitor, and people weren't so sure he still wasn't one.
"I'm fine. But apparently no one else is, judging by the way they're looking at me" he sighed.
"Ignore them. We know you're innocent and that's all that matters" I told him reassuringly.
"Jace, I'm sorry for letting them take you to the city of bones-" Izzy started to apologise before Jace cut her off.
"It's all good Izzy. You saved Alec's life...and mine" he told her.
"Tomorrow night's rite of passage will bring the total number of dead to 26 fallen Silent Brothers and three Shadowhunters. Take this time to grieve and plan for what lies ahead. Your orders will follow" Aldertree said before walking off, taking that as a sign to be dismissed.

Izzy gripped her shoulder, groaning slightly.
"Your shoulder still hurts, huh?" Jace asked as I looked at my parabatai with concern.
"A little stiff. Don't worry about me. Keep an eye on Clary" she brushed off.
She walked off, rolling her shoulder. Watching after her, I frowned lightly knowing she was a horrible liar to me.
"Don't worry, we'll watch her. And your brother" Jace said as my eyes looked over to Joe.
He was stabbed with a blade as well, he had more or less the same wound as Izzy on a different place.
"Yeah" I whispered