Chapter Twenty Three-Ancient History ✓

"I know, I know how to drive you wild
You know, you know how to make me smile
But I need you to be my ancient history
I know, I know who you really are
You know, you know how to break my heart
But I need you to be my ancient history"
-Set It Off

"I know, I know how to drive you wildYou know, you know how to make me smileBut I need you to be my ancient historyI know, I know who you really areYou know, you know how to break my heartBut I need you to be my ancient history"-Set It Off

———————————
"Seriously?" I whined, Camille knocking on Magnus' door.
It flung open seconds later, the resident's smile faltering when he saw his ex lover.
"Oh great" he groaned, stepping aside to let us in.
"Sorry" I whispered whilst passing him.
"So, Magnus, how long has it been? One hundred? One hundred fifty years?" She questioned with fake nostalgia.
"One hundred and thirty eight. Oddly, I haven't missed you" he chimed sarcastically.
"Of course you have, my love" she said, sauntering into the living room.

We all followed when she suddenly stopped, turning to look at Magnus. I only just realised how close they were.
"All right you two can catch up later. Right now, we need to find the book of the white" Clary complained, trying to stop the intense stare down.
"And you will but not without payment," she said, casting her glance to Clary before back to Magnus, "you of all people should understand that"
"Of course. And what is it you require?" He asked, clearly not enjoying her company.
Who would?
"A clean slate" she responded quickly.
"She wants a writ of turning me into a vampire" Simon further explained.
"And we need you to draft it" Clary carried on as I stood silently.
"Hmm. I thought I was done with you" he grumbled, staring Camille down bitterly.
"We'll never be done with each other" she said with a slight crazy look, followed by a menacing chuckle.
"I'm gonna call for backup" Izzy whispered, escaping the tension in the room.
"Simon, can I talk to you for a minute?" Clary asked, dragging the young vampire out the room.
"I'm gonna...go" I whispered with a nod to myself, point Izzy's way.
Neither paid any mind as I rushed out, my heels leaving a dull clicking noise as I moved quickly.

****
I smiled slightly as I saw Alec, yet it faltered when I couldn't see Jace. He was so unstable at the minute, leaving him alone was a bad move.
"Where's Jace?" Izzy asked, voicing my thoughts.
"He's lost it. Convinced he's like Valentine. Gone after him himself" Alec explained quickly, standing next to me at the front of the abandoned building where Magnus' apartment was stationed.
"Great, another problem" Izzy remarked before turning and heading back to Magnus' apartment.

"You okay?" I questioned him, stopping him as he tried to walk ahead.
"I will be" he whispered.
"I'm here for you Alec" I told him.
"I know, and I'm immensely grateful for that" he replied, replacing his frown with a small smile for a split second.
"Come on, we don't exactly have time to waste" i urged, grasping his hand in mine without thinking.
Realising what I'd done, I tried to unclasp my hand from his. His grip only tightens, sending me a reassuring smile.

We walked out up to Magnus' apartment, walking in on Magnus and Camille in a liplock.
"Ew" I mumbled, scrunching my nose up.
"Well, this is awkward" Magnus said cheerily, as if he wasn't just playing tonsil tennis with his ex, the mythic bitch herself.
"Where's the book?" Alec questioned, clearly impatient to get this done so he could move on to finding Jace.
"It's complicated" Magnus responded, glancing at the vampire.
"Clearly" I replied, stepping forward as my hand dropped from Alec's.
"I have it" Camille piped up.
I cast my gaze to her, awaiting the answer to where it was.
"Well?" I questioned impatiently.
"She's graciously offered it in exchange for her freedom" Magnus said, more directing the intel to Alec.
"And her freedom requires a liplock?" Izzy asked, standing next to me as Alec stood in front of us.
"We don't negotiate with prisoners" Alec sneered, just about ready to plunge an arrow through her heart.
"Prisoner? I beg to disagree. You see, I'm your only chance at saving the world," She gloated as Magnus made a circle motion at his temple with his finger then pointed to her, "you need me" she carries on with a sardonic smirk.