Chapter Twenty Seven-Say Something ✓

"Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere, I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye"
-A Great Big World

"Say something, I'm giving up on youI'm sorry that I couldn't get to youAnywhere, I would've followed youSay something, I'm giving up on youAnd I will swallow my prideYou're the one that I loveAnd I'm saying goodbye"-A Great Big World

————————
"Aldertree's strategy isn't working" Alec huffed, weaving through people while we were glamoured.
"We've only been to one gym so far. We have to be patient" Izzy mumbled, eyes searching the crowd.
"The circle members all took the same oath. They're gonna keep slitting their throats before they tell us anything" I replied to Izzy, Alec shooting me a thankful look.
"Do you two have any other ideas?" She impatiently spat, getting frustrated.
"Putting in a request for a maritime mission. Take out a vessel for ourselves" Alec carried on, shrugging as if that wasn't the hardest thing.

"Alec the ship is glamoured" I told him incredulously.
How could he possibly think that could work?
"It won't show up on the sonar" Izzy carried on, raising her eyebrow expectedly.
Alec looked tense, avoiding eye contact and focusing straight ahead.
"Well, it can't hide from us if we run right into it" he carried on his brilliant idea.
"It's a pretty big ocean out there" I remarked.
"Look," Izzy said, catching Alec's arm so I stopped to, "you know he's not hurt. Otherwise, you would've felt something. Right?" Izzy asked, looking at her brother sympathetically.
They both connected their eyes, having a sibling moment that I felt like I was intruding.
"I don't feel anything, Izzy. That's what scares me" he whispered weakly.

****
"We should look at the aerial drones" Alec commented as we looked through the monitors.
"We've already done that" Nick commented, walking over to us.
"So we do it again. Maybe we didn't look hard enough" Alec said, grasping at straws now.
I glanced at Izzy, sharing worried glances.
"Alec, I know you're upset, but this is not-" Izzy started, laying a hand on her brothers arm.
"You don't know, Izzy" he countered, turning his gaze to her.
"I need him Izzy" Alec whispered weakly.
"We know" she replied softly.
"I'll see if Joe's found any leads" Nick excised himself.
I rubbed Alec's back in a comforting way, him sending me a grateful smile. Izzy watched the exchange with a soft smile of her own.

"Alec,Isabelle, Selena" we heard a voice.
Turning, we saw Clary's mother walking over.
"I have a way" She whispered, presenting a green stone in her hand.
"An adamas?" I questioned.
"How do you have one of those? Only the iron sisters have access to adamas" Izzy said, eyeing up the woman.
"Luke's mother is an iron sister. She told him about an ancient way to communicate through the parabatai bond," she explained whilst turning to Alec, "through your linked spirits"
"Oh I see. You want me to help you find my brother so you can try and kill him again?" Alec asked, glaring at the older redhead.

Alec turns to walk away before she spoke again.
"No. I wanna find Clary. She was kidnapped by Dot" Jocelyn called as Izzy and I stayed out.
We both knew how much Jace meant to Alec and if we had to get him back like this to help Alec, we would.
"Valentine must be behind this" she mumbled to herself.
"Why should we trust you?" Alec asked.
"You've hardly been a trusty ally as of late" I carried on, trying to work out what this woman was up to.
"Look, I know how much your brother means to you. And Clary means just as much to me. And I will do anything to get her back" She pleaded.
"What other choice do we have?" Izzy muttered.