Chapter Ten-I Knew You Were Trouble ✓

(Outfit without the scarf)

'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
'Til you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So, shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
Now I'm lyin' on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble
-Taylor Swift

———————————-
Once arriving back to the institute, we spotted Izzy by the monitors. She was dressed in a blue dress to her knees, her hair pinned back in a ponytail. She looked like a mini Maryse. It was slightly unnerving to be honest.
"Slept at Magnus' place?" Izzy questioned as we approached her.
"Didn't do much sleeping. We were helping treat Luke's wounds" Alec clarified, studying his sister.
He seemed just as confused as I was but we both knew what brought on the sudden change.
"Really?" She asked, looking between us with a small smirk.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing, I believe you" she mumbled defensively.
Rolling my eyes with a frown, I escaped the situation to talk to my brother nearby. There was still tension and I for one didn't want to be near it. Messed with my aura too much.

"How's my favourite sister?" Joe asked, embracing me quickly.
"Tired" I answered, looking over a monitor he was checking.
"And moody apparently. Rightly so, Izzy told me" he admitted, a sympathetic look on his face.
"Don't do that. Magnus and Izzy have already given me that look" i hissed quietly, wanting to get away from the drama and just do my job.
"Fine...I won't pry but...you can talk to me Lena" he whispered, all seriousness.
"I know. And I do when I need to. Which isn't now. Obviously it's not the best because of how it effects Alec but...it's not about me" I reminded him, looking at some maps of New York to distract myself.
"Whatever you say" he mumbles.

****
"Someone call for backup?" I questioned upon seeing Jace and Clary outside an NYPD precinct.
"Yeah. What took you guys so long?" Jace asked, eying us up.
None of us were in a particularly good mood. Izzy's whole personality change had left her bottling up her emotions which put me on edge enough. Alec was being forced to marry which dampened everyone's mood and he was sleep deprived as well as I was.
"Funny, I was gonna ask you the same thing" Alec replied, glancing at Clary as we stood in a circle.
"It's complicated" Jace admitted.

Oh great, something else.
"We found the cup" Clary blurted.
All eyes turned to her, expecting something more to be said.
"The cup?" Izzy asked incredulously.
"Doesn't sound complicated" I shrugged as Clary looked at me with a frown.
"Yeah well...we lost it. We have to sneak back into the precinct to get it" she finished.
"Ah...there's the complicated" I groaned.
"This is a disaster" Alec mumbled, looking around wearily.
Being out in the open wasn't the safest, especially since we didn't know who could see us. Valentine's men could be anywhere and we wouldn't know.
"Hey, demon pox is a disaster. This is an inconvenience. We just need a plan, that's all" Jace shrugged nonchalantly.
"Easy as that" I sarcastically remarked.
Jace sent a glare my way, as I held my hands up defensively.

"What about a glamour?" Izzy questioned.
"We tried that. Anyone working with Valentine will see right through it" Jace reminded her as she nodded thoughtfully.
"Can we ask Magnus Bane to portal us in?" Clary asked.
"No. He can only portal us to places he's been" Alec stated.
Clary's phone suddenly started blaring, causing her to sigh.
"Not again. Just give me a second" she pleaded, an underlying annoyance to her tone.

After a few minutes of Clary's idle chitchat to the mundane, Jace got annoyed. Striding over, he grabbed her phone.
"Hey-!" She yelled, huffing angrily.
"Simon's little problems can wait. I've got a great plan" the almighty Jace declared.
I rolled my eyes, as did Izzy.
"Oh there's a first" Clary remarked as I chuckled.
"Just follow my lead. Oh, and don't worry, in my plan, no one gets slapped"