Chapter Fifthteen-Happier ✓

"Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier
When the morning comes
When we see what we've become
In the cold light of day we're a flame in the wind
Not the fire that we've begun
Every argument, every word we can't take back
'Cause with the all that has happened
I think that we both know the way that this story ends
Then only for a minute
I want to change my mind
'Cause this just don't feel right to me
I wanna raise your spirits
I want to see you smile but
Know that means I'll have to leave
Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier"
-Marshmello ft bastille

———————————
"Welcome to the seelie glare, Clary Fairchild. The remotest edges of it" Meliorn spoke as we walked through the woods.
"How did we get here?" Clary asked, looking around at the beautiful place.
"There are entrances all through the mundane world" Jace explained.
"You just have to know where to look" Meliorn spoke, calmness lacing his voice.
"Why did we have to come here to find my father?" Clary asked.
"Because it's your necklace. It's a portal shard" Meliorn explained.
"Tell us something we don't know" i grumbled as we waded further.

If it weren't for everything going wrong right now, I'd appreciate the beauty of the glade. Trees were overhanging us, looming over like giants. Little green specks of light were floating around, something magical that I didn't know of.
"How does it work?" Meliorn questioned, ignoring my comment.
"When I touch the crystal and think of someone, I can see them" Clary explained.
"I'm curious, Shadowhunter, who knows so much about Portals, did you never wonder why this Portal shard doesn't behave the way normal Portals do" Meliorn said, turning to Jace.
Jace looked confused for a moment before it dawned on him.
"Normal portals can only take you to places you've been. I guess I've never really thought about it" Jace admitted as I smirked at him.
He glared back, not liking being shown up to a seelie.
"I see Isabelle is the smart one in the family," Meliorn said with a smirk as myself and Clary laughed, "Your Portal shard works the way it does because it's a piece of a Portal from another dimension"

"Another dimension?" Clary asked, further more confused.
"You're saying there's a Portal in some other universe that can take us to anyone if we just think of them?" Jace asked.
"If you can find the only Portal still standing in that dimension, it will take you to your father"

We carried on walking, an arch of trees coming into view. This forest just kept getting more beautiful.
"These trees are where the alternate dimensions intersect the seelie realm" Meliorn said as we stopped in front of it.
"How is it possible that the clave don't know about your dimensional doorways?" Jace asked.
"They are our most guarded secret. We are their protectors. Only seelies know of their existence" Meliorn expressed.
"Then why are you telling us?" Clary asked.
"I owe you a life debt, and I don't like being indebted to anyone" Meliorn said with a small grin.

"What would happen if-" I began before Meliorn cut me off.
"If the seelie queen finds out I've shared this with you? I could be executed" The seelie admitted.
That made me a bit nervous, we didn't rescue him for the Queen to kill him.
"Well, we'll be extra careful then" Jace said, stepping over to Clary protectively.
"There's no "we" in this scenario. Only Clary goes in to find the Portal. My debt is to her" Meliorn said.
"You've given us no reason to trust you, seelie" Jace sneered, his shadowhunter side coming out.
Addressing him as Seelie wouldn't get in his good books, I could tell him that much.
"He brought us here" Clary reasoned.
"I'll make a deal. I'll allow you as well," Meliorn said, pointing to me, "does that install enough trust shadowhunter?"