Chapter Twelve-Dead! ✓

'And if your heart stops beating
I'll be here wondering
Did you get what you deserve?
The ending of your life
And if you get to heaven
I'll be here waiting, baby
Did you get what you deserve?
The end and if your life won't wait
Then your heart can't take this'
-My Chemical Romance

'And if your heart stops beatingI'll be here wonderingDid you get what you deserve?The ending of your lifeAnd if you get to heavenI'll be here waiting, babyDid you get what you deserve?The end and if your life won't waitThen your heart can't take ...

———————————
"What the hell is that?" I asked, walking over to the four huddled round the monitor.
"There's something outside the perimeter" Jace said, watching it closely.
"Fantastic" i grumbled, the alarms beeping dully.
After we had gotten the cup, Alec had put it in the compartment in the training room so nobody could get it. But it didn't mean nobody would try. Only us five, plus my brother, knew we had it here in the institute but if Valentine's men had an inkling then this wasn't good.
"I told you-..." Alec started to say.
"Don't say it" Jace groaned.
"What's happening?" Clary questioned, confused for the millionth time.
"Looks like someone's trying to break in" Izzy mused.
"Could be the circle" I suggested.
"Told you so" Alec carried on as Jace groaned.
"Too soon" he said as we rushed to the training room, grabbing some weapons to go investigate.

Once outside, we looked through the darkness to see a figure carrying someone else. It was pitch black outside, something that wasn't in our favour.
"Don't move!" Jace yelled, putting his blade up as he edged closer.
"Drop what you're holding and come out with your hands up!" Alec called, straightening his arms with his bow loaded.
The figure walked out to show the head of the New York vampire clan, Raphael. In his arms was Simon, the mundane. Now dead. We lowered our weapons, still on edge with the vampire this close. I've never met him in my life, I just vaguely knew who he was.
"Oh my God, Simon!" Clary yelled, rushing forward.

****
"People will be wondering what we found outside the perimeter" Jace said, looking at Simon with slight guilt.
I knew he felt guilty for always pushing Clary to ignore Simon when now, it was apparent that it was important and not just a 'mundane problem.'
"I'll go. I'll tell them we didn't find anything. Nobody will come down here" Alec states, stepping out.
As mean as it sounds, I know Alec just didn't care. Obviously, it was our job to care for the mundanes but Alec didn't like them, especially this one. He felt sympathetic, sure, but not enough to do anything about it. Glancing at Izzy, I noticed she had a solemn look on her face. Although she hadn't spoken to the mundane a lot, she saw him as sweet. I did too.
And Clary. By the Angel, I couldn't imagine what she was going through. She looked heartbroken.

"I might be a vampire...but I was raised a good catholic" Raphael mumbled, praying silently to himself.
"The vampires breached the accords. That's grounds for war" Izzy spoke up, glancing up to the vampire leader.
"The vampires were not behind this. Just Camille. She attacked Simon on her own" He defended the vampires.
"And how do we know you're telling the truth?" Jace hissed, a clear deep mistrust in vampires.
"I could have gotten rid of him, but instead I brought him here. I don't want trouble with the Shadowhunters" he carried on, slightly angrier that they were jumping to conclusions.
Looking at him, I could tell he was sincere.
"Jace, he let Simon go last time. He wouldn't do that again, no less bring him here" I said, relying on the information I had been given about this before I came.
Raphael sent me a grateful smile, Jace staring me down.
"Smart decision" Izzy agreed.
"I warned the mundane to stay away... but Camille gave him a taste of her own blood, and like an addict... he came back wanting more" The vampire sighed, staring at Simon sadly.