Chapter Thirty-There Will Be Blood

"There will be blood, run for your life
Go on and say, go on and say your last goodbye
There will be blood, you're gonna die
You'll never make it, never make it through the night
There will be blood, there will be blood
There will be blood, there will be blood, blood"
-Kim Petras

——————————
"Lydia!" Alec yelled as we watched Raj attack her.
"Shit, the demons Raj" I commented as Alec lined up his bow, hitting Raj in the leg.
I rushed over to Lydia as Raj looked around, dazed.
"You're okay" I told her reassuringly, scanning her injuries.
Her arm was bent at a weird angle, which seemed to be the worst injury.

****
"How's Lydia?" Nick questioned as both my brothers came up to me.
"She's gonna pull through, don't worry" I told them, walking through the hallways to my room.
"At least that's something good" Nick responded.
"I'm not surprised it was Raj, if I'm being honest" Joe commented as we got to my room.
"Me neither. I'm sure there was demon in him beforehand" I said, my clear distaste for the man shining bright.
After what he said when Alec's life was on the line, I officially despised him.

I suddenly heard a slam against the floor, my brothers grunting. Spinning on my heel, I saw Joe pin Nick, my twins eyes completely black. Rushing over, I tackled Joe off him so he was under me.
"Always the favourites, doing nothing wrong" he snarled in his demonic voice.
"Joe, I'm your sister. This isn't you" I grunted, trying to keep him pinned.
"This is me. The real me!" He spat, throwing me off as I hit my head.
He leapt up, both my brothers engaging in a fight. The room spun from my slight concussion before I got up, just seeing Joe slam Nick's head into the wardrobe and unconscious. Standing, I gripped a blade from my thigh holster.
"Guess there's no talking you down" I whispered to myself, the demon turning towards me.
It was eerie, seeing my brothers soulless eyes staring at me. His sardonic smile twisting his features.

The demon charged forward, trying to knock me back as I narrowly dodged. It twisted back, trying to throw punches as I blocked. The demon got the upper hand, pushing me back down and landing on top.
"Now to kill you both" it hissed, it's fingernails digging into my chest.
The demon was trying to puncture a hole through my chest to my heart. I could feel it's nails digging into my skin, blood bubbling up. I moved my hand down my thigh as discreetly as I could, searching for the dagger in holster with my fingertips.
"I don't think so" I muttered, grasping the blade and plunging it into its arm.
I didn't want to hit a spot where it would kill my brother, it was still him. Black smoke came out in a flurry, going through a vent before I could get a chance to kill it. Joe rolled onto his back, unconscious.

I didn't spare a glance at the demon retreating anyways, sitting up and checking my brothers pulse in case. My chest ached, blood seeping out through the injury at a slow pace. His heartbeat was slower than usual but there.
I pressed a hand to my brothers arm, keeping the blood from spilling. His eyes opened slowly, looking up.
"What happened?" He asked weakly.
"It doesn't matter, you're fine. Just put pressure on that wound" I told him as he complied.
Scrambling up, I checked Nick over. Luckily, he was just unconscious with a cut to the head. I pushed his hair back, the wound seeping little amounts of blood against his forehead.

Izzy and Alec rushed in, a few medics with them.
"Was it the demon?" Alec asked, kneeling next to me.
"Yeah" I whispered, Alec pulling me back so the medics could take my brothers to the infirmary.
Izzy came over, clearly worried.
"My rune was burning, like you were dying" Izzy said, bringing me into a hug
I gasped in pain, the wound bringing itself to my attention.
"What happened?" She asked, releasing me to see the blood over my white shirt.
Alec stood next to his sister, worry in his eyes.
"It possessed Joe and try to attack us" I explained, Alec getting his stele and running it over my irazte.
"Thanks" I whispered, so panicked that I completely forgot to heal myself.
"Did it close over?" He questioned as lifted my shirt, revealing drying blood and the wound healed.
"Yeah, it hurts slightly but I'll be fine" I whispered.
"I'll go check on them, get cleaned up" Izzy encouraged, rubbing my arm before she left after the medics.

Alec didn't waste a second to bring his arms around my waist, bringing me close.
"When Izzy felt that pain from her rune, I thought..." Alec whispered, leaning his head against mine.
"I'm okay, a bit shaken" I whispered, Alec's lips pressing to my hair.

****
I walked over to the monitors after seeing Clary rush off in a whirlwind of anger.
"Alec" I called softly after I heard the news of what had happened.
After I insisted he left to carry on searching for the demon so I could clean up the blood on me and my bedroom, Alec had been possessed and killed Jocelyn.
"What did I do?" He asked to himself, not noticing my presence.
"Hey, it wasn't your fault, that wasn't you" I told him, standing in front of him.
I could see tears in his eyes, unshed but ready to be released.
"I...we need to help Clary" he brushed off, heading in her direction.

I followed after the pair, both not thinking clearly with guilt and self loathing.
"Please, let me do this. You don't have to put yourself in danger, not now" Alec pleaded as I followed them to the training room where some weapons were kept.
Izzy walked in, something off about her.
"Izzy, we need your help. Jocelyn's-" Alec began before she stalked closer with a vicious smirk.
"Dead because of you" that same demonic voice continued.

The demon charged towards Alec, ready to tackle him before he moves out the way.
"It's inside her" Clary called.
"Watch where you aim, it's still Izzy" I told Clary, standing next to the redhead and Alec.
He loaded his bow as I got my kindjals. The demon charged, knocking me and Clary back.
"Izzy, please stop! Izzy" Alec pleaded as the demon knocked him down, moving to straddle him.
"Always the favourite child. I'm done living in your shadow" it hissed, clearly feeding from Izzy's insecurities.
"Izzy, if you're in there, please listen to me" Alec pleaded again as I sat up, the room spinning again.
I was sick of this demon giving me concussions.
"Nice try" the demon snarled, getting ready to kill Alec.

Clary pounced on Izzy, driving a blade into her shoulder. She thrashed around as I stood up, rushing to Alec.
"You okay?" I asked as he sat up and nodded.
Izzy dropped to the floor as the same black smoke came out of her body that did my brothers. We both rushed to Izzy, calling her name.
Clary killed the demon, hatred fuelling the assault.
"Izzy, Izzy please be okay" Alec mumbled to himself.
She gasped awake, weakly trying to sit up as Alec embraced her. Clary stalked off in a daze, sitting down. I felt sorry for her. I knew the heartache of losing a parent. I brushed her hair back slightly, glancing at Alec.

Jace walked in, looking so lost and broken. Simon rushed in, knocking into Jace and rushing to Clary. He saw Izzy, leaning down and putting an arm around Alec as they rested their foreheads together. He gently rubbed Izzy's arm as she lay against Alec, looking conceded. His hand found mine that was against Izzy's leg, squeezing reassuringly. We both stepped back, helping Iz up as she almost fell again. Alec grabbed her legs and carried her out the room to the infirmary. I glanced at Jace, watching Clary and Simon hug.
"I'm glad your back" I told him, bringing him into an embrace.
"So am I" he muttered, putting his head against my neck.