Chapter Eleven-I Want It That Way ✓

'Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why
I never want to hear you say
I want it that way'
-Backstreet Boys

'Tell me whyAin't nothin' but a heartacheTell me whyAin't nothin' but a mistakeTell me whyI never want to hear you sayI want it that way'-Backstreet Boys

—————————
We walked in further, quickly. Alec stops, deglamouring his bow.
"What're you doing?" I questioned, looking at him expectantly.
"Holding then off. Take Clary back to the institute" he commanded.
"No. If you stay, I stay. We fight together" Jace butted in.
"Don't be stupid. If the demons get the cup, we're dead anyway" he snapped, looking at Jace.
"I'm not leaving anyone behind" Jace exclaimed.
The longer we waited here, the more nervous I got.
"You don't have a choice" Alec defended.
"I know you guys are having a moment but we need to go, okay?" Clary interrupts, clearly just as nervous as i was.
"I'll stay with him Jace, don't worry" I said, Jace and Alec looking at me.
"Selena...-" Alec started before I cut him off.
"You don't have a choice" I recited his words back to him.

Huffing, he gave up the argument knowing he couldn't win.
"Stay safe" Izzy said, putting her hand on my arm.
"You too" I replied.
The three of them dashed off as I got my dual kindjals out, preparing for demons. Although my blades were hard to use, I just loved them. Alec was always amazed that I could actually use them and Jace was envious that he couldn't. They rarely were used by shadowhunters because they're smaller and don't work well if they aren't used together.

A few demons came down the hallway, Alec shooting them swiftly. I always admired his work with the bow, i for one couldn't use it for the life of me. His arms tensed as I watched him breath in before letting the arrow go again. A few strayed as I jumped into action, blocking the demons arms from attacking me and stabbing it. It disintegrated before my eyes, orange dust sparkling. Another attacked, narrowing dodging it as it hissed. I threw one kindjal, it embedding into the demons chest. It clattered to the floor through the orange dust.
"Nice shot" Alec commented.
"Says you" I replied, a smile on his face.

We heard a set of steps rushing down the hallway, preparing our weapons again. Luke emerged, making us sigh in relief.
"Where's Clary?" He demanded.
Nice pleasantries.
"She went further ahead with Jace and Izzy" I told him as Alec put his bow down.
"I've got the pack securing the area so we're safe" Luke explained as we nodded.
Following Luke, we spotted Clary looked confused and scared.

"Clary!" Luke yelled to her.
"Get back!" She yelled, raising her blade.
I could see Alec from the corner of my eye roll his eyes. A demon had clearly tricked her, explains the confusion.
"How do I know you're Luke?" She questioned fearfully.
I was starting to doubt she would be able to use that blade if it came to it.
"I got you spray paint for your birthday. What happened?" He questioned as Clary put her blade down with a smile.
"Uh demons. Long story. Where did you come from?" She asked.
"Jail. I ran into Alec and Selena. Said you might be down here. Thought you'd need some help" he explained.
"Apparently not. Looks like she took care of it" Alec said with a tiny bit of pride in the girl.
She smiled, actually getting praise from Alec for once.