Chapter 11

Melanie peeks from behind the door. Her father looked down at the limp body that was lying on the bed. Carlos glanced over his shoulder and saw Melanie. He walked towards her "Puppy, you shouldn't be here." He tells her. Melanie looks into her father's eyes "Where is Dude?" She asks. Carlos strokes her cheek "Grandpa is trying to wake him up." He tells her. Melanie tries to walk into the room but she got pulled back by Carlos "Puppy, why don't you go see Mommy?" He asks her. The little girl sighs "Mommy's with Auntie Evie and Uncle Jay." She tells him. Carlos kisses her cheek "Then go to Auntie Uma." He said. She shakes her head "I want to see Dude." She said. Carlos sigh "Melanie-" He starts but Melanie starts to pout and crossed her arms over her chest. The white-haired boy picks her up "Put the pout away." He said. That's when Uma walked by "Uma! Could you please keep an eye on Mel?" He asks her. Uma nods "Sure." She said and took Melanie into her arms. Melanie glared at her father "You mean." She said.

Carlos walked back into the room. Hades chuckles "Being a parent isn't as easy as they say." He said. Carlos glared at him "How could you know? You left Mal when she was a baby." He said. Hades turned to Carlos "No, I left her mother." He said before continuing. Carlos crosses his arms over his chest "You wouldn't know the difference." He said. Hades chuckled "I do. I tried to take Mal with me, I tried to be a better father." He said, "But her mother wouldn't let me see her. I wasn't even allowed to call her." He explained. Carlos didn't understand "But...you are a god, Maleficent should be terrified of you. But instead, you were scared of her?" The white-haired boy asks. Hades shakes his head "I only have one fear, and your mother in law is not one of them." He said. Carlos was very confused "And yet you left Mal all alone. For all these years." He said. Hades sighs "It made her stronger." He said, "I did what I had to do." He says. Carlos puts one of his hands on his neck "You don't have any regret? Not even the slightest bit?" He asks. Hades didn't make eye contact "Every second of every day." He tells the boy, "But let's not focus on that. Let's bring your friend back." He said

Meanwhile, Ben was sitting at his desk. He had so much work to do but he couldn't concentrate, he was too worried about Doug. What if he tells them what they're up to? If Jane doesn't find him...who knows what the consequences will be? Ben runs his hand through his hair and sighed. That's when he felt something on his shoulder. He jumped slightly and glanced over his shoulder "Hey Benny Boo." She said. Ben's eyes open widely "Audrey?" He says. She laughs "That's my name. What do you think of my new look?" She asks with a bright smile on her face. Ben eyes her up and down "What happened to you?" He asks. She holds his hand "I realized something, you didn't like my old look so I changed it!" she said and puts her hand on his cheek "Make me your queen and we can rule side by side." She says. Ben looked at her worried "Did someone...put a spell on you?" He asks, "Just tell me and-" He starts.

Audrey pulled her hand away "You'll what? Marry them?" She asks and laughs. Ben pulled her back "Audrey, tell me what I have to do and I'll make it up to you." He said. She groaned "Make me your queen." She says. Ben shakes his head "I can't do that." He said. She pushed him away "Sleeping is too good for you!" She said and touched his head with a Scepter (Not Maleficent's scepter. Details to follow in upcoming chapters) "Sleeping is too good for Auradon!" She says as she stood on the little balcony.