4. Repayment

Dong Hua had been occupied with work lately.

The Plagiarism Lawsuit with Mo Jie International was stressing him out, but Dong Hua rarely shows his emotions.

He thought to himself, who was the mole in the company? How did Mo Jie International manage to get their hands on their latest designs and launch it before the official release date?

With these thoughts, Dong Hua had been working non-stop and barely slept. What's important to him right now is to work on a new proposal for the 'Pillow Dream Destination' contract before the deadline.

Even Lian Song barely gets a chance to see Dong Hua.

—————————————

The lawsuit was all over the news. But to hear such rumors now had made Feng Jiu worried.

Feng Jiu then met up with Cheng Yu, and Lian Song and Lian Song told Feng Jiu everything that was going on.

Feng Jiu pondered what can she do to help Dong Hua out; after all, she's just a nobody.

For some reason, she felt a little disappointed in herself for not being able to help Dong Hua.

Suddenly, an idea flashed through her mind. Fengjiu excelled at one thing, Architecture design. She will draft a new design, and Lian Song could help her submit her proposal to Dong Hua.

Lian Song nodded and agreed with the plan after a moment of thought.

----------------------------------------

After slogging away for days on end, Feng Jiu finally completed her draft.

Although she knew that it was a popular destination for travelers, she wanted to make sure it feels like "Home" for them as well. And she brought that into consideration while designing the draft.

Then she sought Si Ming's help for the final touch-up of her draft as she wanted it to be perfect. Deep down, she was hoping Dong Hua would finally notice her when he sees her talent.

Si Ming and Feng Jiu knew each other since they were young, and he is a well-known walking encyclopedia who seems to know everything. Si Ming was also Dong Hua's classmate back in University.

"Perfect! This is great, Si Ming!" Feng Jiu said excitedly.

Feng Jiu was confident that her design would help Dong Hua, and it will be her chance to repay him.

----------------------------------------

Feng Jiu then contacted Lian Song so that she could submit her proposal, but he was out of the country due to an urgent work business.

Then he told her to contact Ji Heng, his assistant, to submit the proposal.

Feng Jiu met up with Ji Heng and thanked her profusely for her help. But what they didn't know was that Ji Heng harbors a huge crush on Dong Hua since the day she joined the company.

Ji Heng then decided to peek at Feng Jiu's proposal, and she realized that the proposal would definitely please Dong Hua. An evil thought instantly came to her mind. She wanted to claim this proposal as hers and submit it using her own name instead of Feng Jiu's name.

----------------------------------------

A week passed, and Lian Song came back from his overseas business trip.

He attended a meeting with the management team regarding the latest proposal for the 'Pillow Dream Destination' contract.

During the meeting, Dong Hua brought up a new proposed design. Lian Song was pleased to see Feng Jiu's design on the screen, but upon closer look, he realized that it was under Ji Heng's name.

"Ji Heng? Why is it under her name?!"

Before he could speak up, Dong Hua announced that Pillow Dream Destination really liked the new proposal, and they decided to go with it.

Dong Hua then praised Ji Heng and said that it was rare to find someone with such talents.

Then Ji Heng was promoted to the Head of the Design Department, overseeing the whole project.

Lian Song confronted Ji Heng after the meeting, and she nonchalantly replied, "I don't know what you are talking about, this is my design."

He replied furiously, "We all know that this is Feng Jiu's work, so you don't have to act all innocent about it."

Ji Heng smirked and replied, "What's done is done. Please mind your words now that I am no longer your assistant."

Lian Song thought to himself, that if Ji Heng weren't a female, he would have punched her right in the face.

Before he lost control, he quickly walked away and called Feng Jiu to tell her about the whole incident.

----------------------------------------

Feng Jiu was exasperated, but she knew that there was nothing she could do. Why would Dong Hua believe a stranger over Ji Heng, someone who works in the company for the past two years?

Although she felt resentful, she also knew that she had to let it go.

She sighed deeply and thought to herself, "does this count as repayment for saving the company? What about the Plagiarism Lawsuit? Would I be able to help him out with that too?"

"I just wanted to help Dong Hua, to repay his kindness."