6. Jealousy

Feng Jiu couldn't stop thinking about last's night incident. She barely slept a wink and was feeling restless.

She eventually managed to drag herself up from the bed as it was almost time to wake up and prepare for work.

Feng Jiu quickly texted Lian Song, asking him to meet her before work as she has something really important to talk to him about.

----------------------------------------

Feng Jiu left the house early but was caught in a traffic jam on her way to work.

Time was running out, and she was already late meeting Lian Song.

She fumbled her way to the office and almost ran head-on into a few people.

As she was in such a hurry, she didn't realize that she dropped her phone at the entrance of the building.

Ji Heng, who was walking closely behind her, saw what happened. Then she quickly picked up Feng Jiu's phone and quietly slid it into her purse.

It turns out that she was secretly jealous of Feng Jiu because Dong Hua had previously mentioned in a casual conversation about Feng Jiu and the fire incident.

Ji Heng was curious and wanted to know if there were more to their relationship.

----------------------------------------

Upon meeting Lian Song, Feng Jiu briefly told Lian Song about the video and reached into her purse to take out her phone.

After searching through her purse, she quickly realized that she had dropped her phone somewhere.

Feng Jiu asked Lian Song to call her phone, so they could trace it back while they combed through the areas nearby, to look for her phone.

On the other side, Ji Heng was holding on to the non-stop buzzing phone.

She rejected the call and sent a text message to Lian Song so that they would stop calling, allowing her time to look through Feng Jiu's phone.

She impatiently typed, "Hi, I found this phone near the entrance of Tai Chen Group building, but I am in a meeting now, so I will leave the phone at the reception counter on the first floor of the building during lunchtime."

Lian Song promptly replied, "Sure, thank you! We will pick it up during lunchtime."

Lian Song reassured Feng Jiu and that they could meet up again during lunchtime to talk about the incident.

----------------------------------------

Ji Heng couldn't care less about invading Feng Jiu's privacy when she looked through her text messages.

Ji Heng unconsciously smiled to herself after knowing that nothing was going on between Dong Hua and Feng Jiu.

Out of curiosity, she proceeds to look through Feng Jiu's photo albums.

She was taken aback by the video that showed Miao Luo and Nie Chuyin's conspiracy.

She supported herself on the table, slowly stood up, and poured herself a cup of tea to calm her shock.

Ji Heng thought to herself, "This would prove Dong Hua's innocence. But knowing Dong Hua, if he knew Feng Jiu was the one who saved the company and that she was also the one who drew the new proposed design, he would never forgive me for lying to him. I can't let this happen, and I can't let them meet!"

Ji Heng started to panic.

To save herself from getting exposed, she forwarded the video to herself and erased all evidence on Feng Jiu's phone, which includes the video.

She felt a sense of relief, knowing that Feng Jiu wouldn't be able to come close to Dong Hua now.

----------------------------------------

Lunchtime arrived.

Feng Jiu anxiously ran to the reception counter to retrieve her phone, along with Lian Song.

She then quickly went through her phone album to show Lian Song the video.

Feng Jiu was momentarily stunned when she realized that the video was missing.

She was in a panic mode, knowing that the evidence that could save Tai Chen Group was gone.

Did she delete the video by accident?

Feng Jiu couldn't understand why the video was missing, so she went through her phone over and over again, trying to look for the video, but it was proven pointless.

In the end, she accepted her fate, that the video was indeed gone forever.

Lian Song pitifully looked at Feng Jiu and tried to console her.

"I can't really blame anyone, I can only blame my own bad luck!" she said, with a sigh.

She was on the verge of breaking down, her voice slowly turned into a mumble: "I am so dumb, why didn't I save a copy elsewhere? Why do I always mess things up? All I wanted is to help Dong Hua, but I just can't do anything right!"

She quickly excused herself as she didn't want Lian Song to see her crying.

----------------------------------------

Feng Jiu ran into the restroom nearby, where she finally broke down and gasped while tears came down in two streams from her round eyes.

Wiping the tears away from her eyes, she decided that she will continue to find new evidence against Mo Jie International and Nie Chuyin.

This time, Feng Jiu was certain that she would not make any mistakes.