64. Plan F-ish

Feng Jiu held on tightly to the two containers of 'Sweet and Sour Fish' while Dong Hua drove them to work.

"I can't wait to see their reactions when they see the fish later on." Feng Jiu snickered.

"Don't forget to take a video of it." Dong Hua replied sarcastically.

Before they arrived at Tai Chen Group building, Feng Jiu made Dong Hua drop her off at the back entrance instead. She didn't want others to see them coming to work together since it would cause unnecessary gossips.

"Why are you so scared?" Dong Hua asked. Feng Jiu smiled and replied, "We should keep our close friendship out of the workplace, that's between us and not others. People would also think badly of me."

Dong Hua wanted to respect her wishes, so he dropped her off before parking his car. "Fine. I'll see you in the office later."

Feng Jiu left the fish on the passenger car seat before getting off. Then she promptly headed back up into the office.

Si Ming greeted her when she walked into the office. He was standing at her desk as he was discussing the final drafts with Xiao Yan. "Hey, Feng Jiu. I hope you settled everything." Feng Jiu actually made an excuse that she was heading to the bank to settle Qingti's hospital bills.

"Yeah. It's all settled now. How's work going so far?"

Si Ming then shook his head and replied, "Oh. Pretty good. Not sure why but I had a nagging bad feeling about today ever since I woke up. I probably just didn't sleep well since I stayed up late with Yu Xi on our date."

Feng Jiu snickered and thought to herself, "He's right about the 'bad feeling.' But luckily, the sweet and sour fish is edible now." Then she replied, "Oh. I guess you need to sleep early tonight. I'll start working now."

----------------------------------------

*Flashback to Sunday night*
After Si Ming picked up Yu Xi from the cafe, they went for a date. They held hands and took a stroll along a beautiful river with a fantastic night view in the city. It was also a popular tourist attraction area.

Then they got a drink and sat down on a nice bench, admiring the night view and enjoying the cool breeze.

"How did Dong Hua ended up at the cafe?" Si Ming asked Yu Xi.

"Oh, he's a regular customer at that cafe, and he happened to come in to get a drink. But something happened, and I'm sure you'll find it hard to believe too!" Yu Xi giggled.

"Huh? What happened?"

"Feng Jiu kissed Dong Hua on his cheek!" Yu Xi smiled brightly.

"What?! They kissed?!" Si Ming's jaw dropped.

Yu Xi nodded her head and replied, "Yeah. But they said it was because of the free cake. So, regular customers who brought their partner along would be entitled to a free slice of cake."

"Oh. Feng Jiu is a glutton, so it's not strange that she would do that. But I still find it hard to believe that she kissed him." Si Ming calmed down instantly.

"Hmm... I have seen Dong Hua a few times in the past, and he's always cold to everyone. But towards Feng Jiu, he seems so warm. I saw a different side of him today." Yu Xi said.

"Yeah. It's weird. Lian Song and I think that he likes Feng Jiu, but they have so many misunderstandings towards each other. I can't talk to Dong Hua about this, and I also tried talking to Feng Jiu. She's adamant about them just being good friends, and we have been trying to matchmake them. But whether they end up together, it really depends on their fate now." Si Ming replied calmly.