39. Rumours

Although Xiao Yan was busy having fun and dancing, he couldn't help but notice a lot of guys approaching Feng Jiu. He turned over to Si Ming and said, "Feng Jiu is certainly popular! Look at all those guys buzzing around her, vying for her attention."

"Don't worry, Feng Jiu has her own way of chasing those guys away." Si Ming replied calmly.

"Wait! Why is that guy sitting beside Feng Jiu?! Is he harassing her?! Maybe she can't get rid of him? I need to go help her! Be right back!" Xiao Yan exclaimed.

"Come back! I'm sure it's nothing." Before Si Ming could stop Xiao Yan from leaving, he had already started walking back to their table.

Feng Jiu was starting to feel cold, and she began to rub her hands together, trying to warm them up. Upon noticing that she was feeling cold, the guy offered to lend her his jacket, but Feng Jiu politely rejected it.

Xiao Yan immediately slammed his hands on the table, trying to distract them, and then he interrupted into their conversation. "What are you both talking about?" Then he winked to Feng Jiu, trying to hint her that he was there to help her get out of the 'awkward situation.'

Dong Hua, who was sitting nearby, saw what Xiao Yan did. He raised his eyebrows, curious to see what Xiao Yan was up to.

Feng Jiu gave a puzzled look to Xiao Yan, as she was confused about what he was trying to hint at. Then she replied, "Oh. We were just talking about school-related stuff, and now we are talking about sports."

"Oh. Sports?" Xiao Yan assumed that Feng Jiu was hinting him with the word 'sports', so he immediately turned towards the guy and said, "So did Feng Jiu tell you that she's good at kickboxing?"

"Oh. She didn't mention that to me. By the way, you are?" The guy asked.

"I'm Yan Chiwu, and Feng Jiu is someone important to me. So if anyone tries to hurt her, they have to go through me first." Xiao Yan was trying to scare the guy off, but he was clearly making it more awkward.

"Uh... okay? Nice to meet you..? So what department are you from?" The poor guy tried to make small talk with Xiao Yan to lessen the awkwardness.

Dong Hua instantly felt jealous after hearing Xiao Yan say that Feng Jiu was important to him, and then he continued to eavesdrop.

Feng Jiu then whispered to Xiao Yan, "What are you talking about?" And he whispered back, "I'm trying to help you out, Feng Jiu! Don't worry, just let me handle it." He winked and then gestured Feng Jiu to sit back. She was still feeling confused, but she sat back and continued drinking, letting Xiao Yan do the talking.

"I'm from the design department, and I work with Feng Jiu. How about you?" Xiao Yan asked coldly.

"Oh, that's nice. I'm from the HR department." The poor guy casually replied.

"HR department? Human Resources or Harassment Report department?" Xiao Yan replied sarcastically, and he glowered at the guy.

Feng Jiu almost spat out her drink upon hearing that, and she quickly replied, "Don't mind him, Xiao Yan is a funny guy. He's just joking around." She smiled awkwardly. Then she turned over to Xiao Yan and whispered, "What are you trying to do?!"

"I'm trying to help you!"

"Help me with what? I don't understand!"

Upon noticing them whispering, the poor guy felt awkward, and he immediately said, "It was nice talking to the both of you. I'll head back to the dance floor now. Have a great night." Then he swiftly walked towards the dance floor and disappeared into the crowd.