31. Facing Your Fears

Feng Jiu signed the employment contract, but she needed to attend a compulsory 'Orientation Training Program' before she could start working.

She was told to attend the orientation training along with the other successful candidates that were hired through the Mass Recruitment Event.

This year, Tai Chen Group will be holding its 'Orientation Training Program' at a famous hot spring resort. All new employees were required to complete their training at the resort for one week, and the management staff will be training them.

The purpose of the program was to help them integrate into the company and to train them on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) of the company. It was also an all-paid vacation to welcome the new employees.

Feng Jiu looked forward to attending the training, as she thought that it would be a good way for her to de-stress. Si Ming will also be there too.

----------------------------------------

On the day of the 'Orientation Training Program,' Feng Jiu excitedly waited outside the office building for the tour bus to come to pick them up. Then they were told to split up into groups, according to their department and teams.

Feng Jiu went over to look for Si Ming, as they belonged to the same team. It turns out that there were only three new staff in the Design Department, under Si Ming's team. It was Si Ming, Feng Jiu, and another guy.

"Hi! Nice to meet you both. My name is Yan Chiwu, but everyone calls me Xiao Yan! What are your names?" The guy introduced himself to Si Ming and Feng Jiu.

"Hi, I'm Feng Jiu! And he's Si Ming. Si Ming will be leading our team, so don't offend him! He's a nice and chill guy, but when it comes to working, he's serious." Feng Jiu shook Xiao Yan's hand.

"Oh! I guess I better watch myself around Mr. Si Ming then!" Xiao Yan exclaimed.

"Come on, Feng Jiu. You're giving me a bad name now! As long as both of you get your work done, I'll be a flexible boss. And please, just call me Si Ming. I don't like it when it's too formal!" Si Ming smiled at Xiao Yan.

"Sure, Si Ming! I hope I won't disappoint you. I'm so excited, and I heard the resort is really beautiful!" Xiao Yan was getting hyper from all the excitement.

Soon, the bus came, and they set off towards the resort. Feng Jiu sat with Xiao Yan, and they started talking more about themselves.

"Why did you join the company, Feng Jiu?" Xiao Yan asked curiously.

"Well. I actually applied for this job months ago, and they just got back to me. It used to be my dream job, but now I'm not so sure. Ahhh, enough of me! How about you, Xiao Yan?"

"Oh! I joined this company because my crush is working here. I had liked her since I was young. Although it's one-sided now, I'm sure someday she will be touched after seeing how much I'm doing for her!"

Feng Jiu didn't want to intrude into his privacy, so she didn't ask who his crush was.

"That's nice. I can totally understand how you feel, Xiao Yan. Oh well, let's put the sad topic aside, and let's just enjoy our vacation! I have heard a lot about the hot springs there, and I'm dying to go in it!"

Then they continued talking, and they were having a lot of fun laughing together.

----------------------------------------