36. Kindness Pays Off

The next morning, Feng Jiu waited anxiously outside the auditorium hall for Si Ming and Xiao Yan to arrive.

"Why are those two taking so long? The test is starting soon!" Feng Jiu silently thought to herself.

At this moment, a large group of people started walking towards her direction. Feng Jiu took a closer look, and she realized that it was Dong Hua and the whole management team.

"Not again." She immediately turned her head away to avoid looking at Dong Hua.

Dong Hua kept staring at Feng Jiu as he walked past her, and he silently thought to himself, "She's really avoiding me, isn't she?"

Ji Heng saw him staring at Feng Jiu, and she bitterly thought to herself, "Why does Dong Hua seem so interested in Feng Jiu now? I really need to get her fired!"

After they walked past her, Feng Jiu turned to look at Dong Hua's back view and thought to herself, "Why am I always bumping into him?!"

Then Xiao Yan came running over, and he said excitedly, "Wait! Is that Ji Heng?!"

Before Xiao Yan could start yelling out her name, Si Ming slapped his hand over Xiao Yan's mouth.

"Ouch! Why did you slap me, Si Ming?!"

"Oh, there was a mosquito on your lips. I saved you from getting bitten."

"Mosquito?! Why would there even a mosquito here?! I hate mosquitoes!" Xiao Yan whined.

"Yeah. It was indeed a female blood-sucking mosquito, annoying as well." Feng Jiu said sarcastically.

Si Ming immediately whispered to Feng Jiu, "No prize for guessing who you're referring to, huh?" Then he raised his eyebrows and smirked at Feng Jiu, and she also smiled back.

Then Xiao Yan continued to ramble on, while Feng Jiu dragged him into the auditorium hall.

----------------------------------------

"That SOP test sure was hard." Feng Jiu said worriedly.

"Don't worry about it, Feng Jiu. I'm sure you would pass the test." Si Ming patted her back and reassured her.

Xiao Yan started yawning and replied, "I'm feeling so sleepy now! I didn't have enough sleep because we studied late into the night. I'm heading back to the room to rest, and I'll join you both at dinner time."

"Yeah, I'm feeling a little tired too, and I need to get some rest as well. What are you going to do, Feng Jiu?" Si Ming said.

"I'm going to take a walk around the resort, and breathe some fresh air! You guys go ahead and rest, we will meet again at dinner time." Then they went their separate ways.

Feng Jiu walked to the garden and admired the flowers. "Such a beautiful place. How nice it would be if I could stay here a little longer?" She smiled and thought to herself.

After a while, she started to feel a little thirsty. "Hmm, I heard that there's a nice pool-side cafe. I think I will go there to check it out!" Feng Jiu then walked towards the pool-side area.

Feng Jiu arrived at the cafe shortly after, and it was also pretty empty. She picked a seat that was facing the swimming pool and ordered a cup of Iced Tea. Then she leaned back against the chair and started to get comfy.