52. The Game Has Begun

"We will come back tomorrow morning to check on the final setup of the lightings." Si Ming said before he left Zhi Yue Art Gallery. Then he shook Cang Yi's hand, and Cang Yi replied, "Sure, I'll be here by 9 AM. By the way, is your assistant coming along with you?"

"Are you asking about Feng Jiu? Yeah, she would be coming tomorrow morning as well." Si Ming replied casually. Cang Yi then nodded his head and replied, "Oh, that's good. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Have a good night."

Si Ming walked back to join the group, who were waiting for him in the lobby area. Then he shook his head lightly and thought to himself, "Good luck to Cang Yi."

Si Ming then drove his car over, and everyone got onto the vehicle. Feng Jiu took Dong Hua's car again, and this time he would be sending her home straight.

Lian Song then winded down the car window before they drove off and winked at Feng Jiu. Dong Hua then stared at him with cold, stern eyes. Si Ming also popped his head out and smirked at Feng Jiu.

Dong Hua then said coldly, "Do the both of you want to work over-time?" Lian Song and Si Ming immediately waved goodbye and drove off. Feng Jiu then walked towards the car park, and she said to Dong Hua, "What are you waiting for? Let's go!" This time, Feng Jiu didn't felt any hesitation, and she felt comfortable instead.

She happily hopped onto the passenger seat, and this time she remembered to put on her seatbelt. Then she said proudly to Dong Hua, "See. I didn't forget anything this time."

She opened her purse and tried to find her phone, as she wanted to check the time on it. Then she realized that her phone wasn't in it, and she exclaimed, "Wait! Don't drive off first. I think I left my phone back in the exhibition hall."

Dong Hua shook his head and replied, "Didn't forget anything, you say? Go ahead, and I'll wait in the car." Feng Jiu then pouted and ran into the Art Gallery. Then she headed straight for the exhibition hall, as she remembered putting her phone down on the registration counter.

"Oh, thank god, my phone is still here." Feng Jiu found her phone, and she was about to leave the hall before someone stopped her. "Why are you still here?" He said.

Feng Jiu instantly turned around to see who was behind her, and she realized that it was Cang Yi. "Oh, Cang Yi. I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. I came back to get my phone because I accidentally left it here." She replied politely.

"Oh, that's fine. By the way, I had seen your design drafts, and it's beautiful. I actually saw them before I met you in person, and I have always admired your work. You're very talented, and I have faith that you'll be successful one day."

"Aww! Thank you! I'm glad someone appreciates my work. I hope one day, I'll be able to showcase my talent on the international stage." Feng Jiu replied excitedly.

"I'm sure you would be able to achieve that dream. Let me share a short success story with you. I once had a friend who was as talented as you. But he had a rough life, and he also grew up all alone. Despite being in a tough situation, he didn't give up on his dreams. People often looked down on his work because it was different from others. He put all his heart into designing, and one day, one of the biggest companies in Hong Kong recognized his talents. Now, he's one of the most successful designers that I know of. You remind me of him a lot." Cang Yi said, and he smiled warmly to Feng Jiu.

Then they started to talk more about her hopes and dreams, and then she let all her guards down around Cang Yi. She was so engrossed in the conversation that she totally forgot about Dong Hua, who was waiting for her in the car.