57. What Goes Around Comes Around

The next day, Feng Jiu arrived to work early. She saw Si Ming standing in the pantry area with a blank face, and he had panda eyes.

"Your face looks terrible, what happened?" Feng Jiu asked concernedly.

"I couldn't sleep a wink last night. I think you won't get to see me anymore from next week onwards. I'm changing my name from Si Ming (司命) to Si Ding (死定)."

Si Ding (死定) - Dead meat/Doomed/Dead

Feng Jiu then asked worriedly, "Did something happened between you and Yu Xi?"

"No. Worse." Si Ming sighed.

"What could be worse than that?" Feng Jiu wondered, and she replied, "Tell me what's wrong. I'm worried about you, Si Ming."

"It's the... unspeakable deadly fish. One bite of it, and it could potentially send you straight to heaven. I'm already making a will. I'll leave you some money so you can buy food and help me take care of Yu Xi too."

Feng Jiu shook Si Ming's shoulder and exclaimed, "It's not the end of the world! Wait. Why is Dong Hua serving you sweet and sour fish."

Si Ming then replied with no emotions in his voice, "I need to start doing more good deeds throughout this week, to make sure that I go to heaven."

Feng Jiu saw Si Ming walking out of the pantry holding onto an empty cup, and he was in a daze. Feng Jiu then dragged him back and said, "How did this happen?"

"We drank too much tea and got caught. So now we have to face our punishment. I'm not drinking tea anymore, and I'm becoming a vegetarian."

"What?!" Feng Jiu was confused, and she felt helpless seeing Si Ming act this way. Then Lian Song came into the office to look for Si Ming, and he had the same exact blank face with panda eyes.

"Is this the zoo or what? Why are there two pandas?" Feng Jiu snickered.

"You don't know what we went through." Lian Song said.

"It's just sweet and sour fish. It wouldn't kill you even though it was bad." Feng Jiu replied.

"Oh... You have no idea how deadly that fish is. You're the only survivor, Feng Jiu. I only have one wish. If I don't make it this time, help me take care of Cheng Yu." Lian Song replied.

Feng Jiu then started laughing, "Gosh. Look at the both of you, acting so dramatic. Although you guys got caught slacking at work for drinking tea, I think that it shouldn't warrant a punishment like that. I'll try to talk to Dong Hua about it. Maybe, just maybe, he would listen to me because we are good friends now."

The gossip duo immediately widened their eyes and looked at Feng Jiu with their puppy eyes. "You will help us?! You're our life saviour, our one and only hope left." Lian Song said.

"Come on, that's what friends are for. Don't worry about it, and I'll talk to him about it this Saturday."

"You're meeting up with him this Saturday?!" Lian Song asked curiously. His natural instincts to 'drink tea' reacted and he temporarily forgot about his misery.

Feng Jiu immediately thought to herself, "Oh my gosh, I accidentally blurted out that I'm going to meet him on Saturday. I can't let Lian Song know this. He would misunderstand for sure."

Then she replied, "Oh, sorry. I spoke too fast. I mean, I'll text him on Saturday after he's back from his business trip. I don't want to disturb him when he's busy."