20. Cohabitation

Once they arrived at the entrance of the building where Feng Jiu was living in, Dong Hua immediately urged Lian Song and Si Ming to leave.

"Don't worry. I can handle everything now so you both should quickly head back to rest. What's more, Jiu-er will be here to help me." Dong Hua impatiently said while he was getting out of the vehicle.

"Since we are already here, we should come up and help out." Lian Song cheekily replied, knowing that Dong Hua was chasing them away. Si Ming chuckled upon hearing that.

"........"

Dong Hua was displeased with Lian Song's idea. Feng Jiu then thanked Lian Song and Si Ming for their help and told them to head back to rest.

"Fine fine... We will be leaving now."  Lian Song raised his eyebrows and smirked at Feng Jiu.

Feeling embarrassed, Feng Jiu quickly dragged Dong Hua away and took the lift up to her apartment.

----------------------------------------

Dong Hua eagerly went around and checked out the apartment. He was acting like a kid with a new toy.

"So this is where you live, Jiu-er. It's so cozy here, and I already feel right at home now!" Dong Hua exclaimed excitedly.

"I will bring out the spare mattress and set it up in the living room so that you can sleep there."

Feng Jiu then walked into her room, trying to find the mattress. Dong Hua followed her into her room.

"Go wait at the living room, and I'll find it and bring it out."  Feng Jiu immediately stopped Dong Hua from entering her room.

"No, just let me help!" Dong Hua playfully pushed Feng Jiu out of the way and ran into her room.

Feng Jiu was feeling nervous about being alone in her room, with Dong Hua. It was way different from sharing a room with him in the hospital.

The mattress was tucked high up on top of Feng Jiu's wardrobe, so she wasn't able to reach it. When Dong Hua was busy looking around in her room, she climbed up the chair and tried reaching for the mattress.

The mattress was too heavy. Feng Jiu tried taking it down, and she lost her balance in the process.

As she was about to fall off the chair, Dong Hua swooped in and caught her in his arms, just in time to save her from hurting herself.

"See! This is why you should let me help you! You almost hurt yourself. Sit down, and let me handle it." Dong Hua then carried Feng Jiu to the bed and gently put her down onto the bed. Feng Jiu was blushing profusely.

Dong Hua effortlessly took down the mattress, and it was easy for him because he was very tall and strong. He dragged the mattress to the living room and placed it in a corner, underneath the window. He walked back into Feng Jiu's room once he finished putting the mattress down.

"Jiu-er, Isn't it nice to have a man living here with you, and helping you out with the household chores?" Dong Hua said to Feng Jiu proudly.

"Well, you're not the first man who helped me out with the house chores." Feng Jiu cheekily replied, teasing Dong Hua.

"Wait...! Not the first one?! Who is the other guy?!" Dong Hua anxiously replied as his brows furrowed deeper.

Upon seeing Dong Hua's reaction, Feng Jiu burst out into laughter.