58. Reassurance

After the dinner ended, everyone paid for their share of the meal and headed home. Si Ming offered to send Feng Jiu home, so they left together.

"So... how are things between you and Yu Xi now?" Feng Jiu asked curiously. Si Ming had a big smile on his face and replied, "It's going really well. I'm just worried about her family and Su Moye. I actually did work with him a few times. Although he's a well-known womanizer, he's really serious at work."

"Hmm... I'm just thinking of ways to get him to call off the engagement. Should I use the soft or tough method?"

Si Ming pondered for a while before responding, "Hmm... We don't really know how he's like so we have to observe him first."

"Yeah. That's what I thought too. It's okay; we will come up with a plan eventually."

Si Ming nodded his head, and then he asked, "So... How are things between you and Dong Hua?" Feng Jiu suddenly remembered that she still didn't reply to Dong Hua's text messages. 

She thought to herself, "It will be somewhat weird for me to ask Si Ming for his phone to text Dong Hua so I'll just reply back to him when I'm home. I doubt he's even waiting for my reply, and he's probably still busy at work. I hope he ate his meals!"

Then she replied, "Hmm... We are just good friends now. Dong Hua is really different from the cold Dong Hua that I knew back then."

"Oh? Have you ever wondered why he's like that? He's still cold to everyone else." Si Ming said.

"Well. That's because we are good friends now."

"Maybe it's more than that? Both Lian Song and I knew him for years, but he's still cold to us."

Feng Jiu pondered, "Hmm... Maybe Si Ming is right?" Then she replied, "I guess, I would observe and see for myself. I'm just afraid to get hurt again."

Si Ming smiled, "Sometimes you have to take the risk and give it another chance. I mean, just open your eyes to see and open your heart to feel. That's what you're always telling others, but maybe you should use that on yourself."

Feng Jiu nodded her head gently, and she smiled, "I guess I could try. I mean, I'll just try to observe but at the same time, not having any false hopes." Then she thought to herself, "Time will tell."

Si Ming then changed the topic, "So, how is Qingti doing? I didn't get a chance to visit him at all."

"Well, I also feel guilty for not visiting him more often. But it's just... Whenever I see Qingti, I felt immense guilt towards him, and it also reminds me of all the past sad memories. But Cha Cha has been visiting him at least three times a week. The doctor said that he wouldn't be awake anytime soon as well. I used most of my savings to pay for his hospital's bills. Luckily, Dong Hua is giving me free meals for lunch now so I could save even more money for him."

Si Ming sighed and replied, "I know you're a person who dislikes asking help from others, but if you do need help, feel free to approach me."

"I will." Feng Jiu smiled at Si Ming. Then she suddenly recalled something, "Oh ya! I have something to tell you. When I visited Qingti the other day, I actually overheard Cha Cha confessing her feelings to him. I didn't want to ask Cha Cha about it because she might be embarrassed about it. I'm sure she would tell me about it when she's ready."

"Really? I couldn't even tell that she had feelings for Qingti. I guess it's good that she's taking care of him now so that you can focus on earning more money. It also gives her a chance to spend some alone time with him."