89. Another One Bites The Dust

Dong Hua paced up and down while waiting anxiously for Feng Jiu in the lobby area. "A surprise from Xiao Bai? Hmm... I wonder what the surprise is."

After waiting for 30 minutes, he spotted Feng Jiu walking over with a big smile on her face. She quickly waved to Dong Hua upon seeing him, and she hastens her footsteps.

"Did you wait long, Dong Hua? Sorry I had to dry my hair first!" Feng Jiu said. Dong Hua shook his head gently and replied, "No, I just got here too. So, where are we going?"

"Let's go to your car now! I'll give you the GPS location, and you'll see the surprise when we get there." Feng Jiu excitedly dragged Dong Hua towards the car park.

"Oh?" He replied casually with a smile.

When they were in the open-air car park, Feng Jiu looked up at the sky and smiled. "Glad that the clouds cleared up now." Then they quickly got into the car, and Feng Jiu gave directions.

After driving for a while, Dong Hua noticed that they were driving up a slope, and it was getting darker as there were fewer streetlights. He glanced over to Feng Jiu and asked, "I thought you're afraid of the dark?"

Feng Jiu smiled and replied happily, "I am, but you're here with me, so I'm not too afraid now."

Finally, they arrived at their 'surprise' destination. Dong Hua parked the car, and Feng Jiu turned on the flashlight on her phone before getting off the car.

"Where are we?" Dong Hua asked curiously. Feng Jiu slowly walked over to him and stood close beside him. "We are at the top of a cliff. I did my research before we came on this trip, and they said that this is the best place for..." Then she smirked.

Dong Hua thought to himself, "For what? What is Xiao Bai going to do to me?" Then he calmed himself down and replied casually, "Oh? The best place for what?"

Feng Jiu chuckled and told Dong Hua to look up at the sky. Both of them immediately looked up and noticed that the sky was covered in stars tonight. "Best for stargazing. It rained heavily earlier on, and now all the clouds are gone."

Dong Hua smiled brightly and replied lovingly, "Is this your surprise for me? I love it. It's my first time stargazing."

Feng Jiu suddenly felt a little chilly, and Dong Hua put his arms around her shoulders, "You're feeling cold, huh? Let's head back to the car." He said.

"But... I'm not done stargazing." She pouted. Dong Hua replied lovingly, "Who said that we are done with it?" Then he offered his arm to Feng Jiu while walking back to their car since it was dark.

When they got into Dong Hua's car, he turned on the engines and pressed the button to retract his car roof. "Now, we have an open view of the sky in the comfort of our car." Dong Hua said. Feng Jiu looked up in the sky and replied excitedly, "You're so smart, Dong Hua! Now we can continue our stargazing here!" Then Dong Hua got off the car and walked towards the car boot.

He returned to the car with a small and warm blanket, along with a small torchlight. Then he gently placed the blanket on Feng Jiu's lap and asked her to cover herself with it.

"You're so thoughtful, Dong Hua. You're always one step ahead of others, and you're always prepared for the worst. It feels nice now since I don't feel cold anymore." Feng Jiu said lovingly.