40. Evil Plans

It was time for everyone to leave the resort. Everyone waited patiently for their respective tour buses to bring them back to Tai Chen Group's building.

Feng Jiu anxiously looked around, trying to see if Dong Hua was around so that she could avoid him. She was too embarrassed to face him now.

"I heard he left the resort earlier on." Si Ming whispered to Feng Jiu, as he could guess that Feng Jiu was looking around for Dong Hua.

"Phew. Luckily." Feng Jiu felt a sense of relief, knowing that Dong Hua had already left

"Luckily...?" Si Ming asked curiously.

"Oh, it's nothing! I'm just glad that I don't have to see him. I guess I won't be seeing him around once we go back to work too."

"That's true. It will be easier for you to move on then."

"You're absolutely right, Si Ming! Once I'm back at work, I'll just focus on my work and earning more money. I won't let such things bother me anymore."

Si Ming smiled at Feng Jiu, and he replied, "That's the strong-minded Feng Jiu that I know."

Then the buses arrived, and everyone started to board.

"It's finally time for me to face reality." Feng Jiu thought to herself.

----------------------------------------

It was Feng Jiu's first day at work. She met up with Xiao Yan and Si Ming at the entrance of the building.

"Finally! My dream job!" Feng Jiu exclaimed excitedly. She had told herself to let go of the past, and create new happy memories in Tai Chen Group.

"You're early, Feng Jiu." Si Ming said, and Xiao Yan also arrived at this time.

Then they headed into the building and went up to their office. Feng Jiu and Xiao Yan went to check out their assigned work stations, and it turns that they were sitting right next to each other. Si Ming was assigned to his own personal office.

"I already love my new job in Tai Chen group!" Feng Jiu said to Xiao Yan.

"Yeah. Our work stations are beautiful! They really do treat their staff well."

Feng Jiu then started her day at work. According to her wishes, she didn't see Dong Hua at all for the whole day.

As she was leaving the office building, she thought to herself, "That's the way it should be. It's better not to see him so that I can truly focus on my work!" Then she smiled, bid goodbye to Xiao Yan and Si Ming, and headed home.

----------------------------------------

Dong Hua was buried in his work, ever since he came back from the resort. Lian Song was away on a business trip for quite some time, dealing with a client overseas. But the client was being difficult, and Dong Hua had to make a business trip there to settle it personally.

Dong Hua was home and packing his luggage, preparing to fly over to meet Lian Song later on.

Then he video-called Lian Song.

Dong Hua: I'm leaving for the airport in a few hours. Prepare all the documents as we will be meeting the client for dinner tomorrow.

Lian Song: Don't worry, I prepared everything. Work aside; I have something to ask you. So... I heard there some rumours going on, about you and a beauty spending time together at the resort. I didn't believe it but... I mean, I'm just curious.