81. Taking Responsibilities

Feng Jiu stood at the side of the road, trying to hail a cab. Finally, she managed to get one, and she helped Dong Hua into the cab. Then she also got into the cab, and they headed off to their destination.

At this point, Dong Hua was feeling tipsy, and he was also on the verge of getting really drunk.

"Dong Hua, we are almost home. Do you feel like puking? Let me know if you feel uncomfortable." Feng Jiu said worriedly.

Dong Hua leaned on her shoulders and replied softly, "No, I don't feel like puking. Just feel a little dizzy and sleepy."

Feng Jiu then patted his head gently and replied, "You can lie on my shoulder and rest for a while. I'll wake you up when we are home."

After 15 minutes, they arrived at Dong Hua's apartment. Feng Jiu then slowly dragged Dong Hua up to his place since he was feeling dizzy. Although she was small in size, she had a lot of strength.

Then she reached into Dong Hua's pocket to get his house keys. "Where are you touching?" Dong Hua said teasingly.

"I'm just trying to get your keys!" Feng Jiu pouted, and she opened the gate. Then she keyed in his passcode and opened the door. "Oh? How did you know my main door's passcode? You're really treating yourself at home, huh?" Dong Hua smiled.

Feng Jiu giggled and replied, "Because your passcode is so easy! Who even uses 123456?" Dong Hua then smiled and replied, "All my passwords are the same. Including my phone's passcode."

Feng Jiu smiled and thought to herself, "Dong Hua really trusts me, and he even told me his passwords." Then she replied sarcastically, "I'm going to steal all your company's trade secrets now."

Dong Hua smiled and replied lovingly, "You can steal anything that you want, Xiao Bai."

----------------------------------------

After they got into the apartment, Feng Jiu told Dong Hua to wait for her on the sofa, and she would make some tea for him. Then she quickly ran into the kitchen and boiled some hot water. "I always thought that someone like Dong Hua wouldn't get drunk." She thought to herself.

While waiting for the water to boil, Feng Jiu ran back to the living room and asked Dong Hua for a face towel. She wanted to get a damp cloth to wipe Dong Hua's face so that he would feel better.

"Sit down, and I'll take it for you." Dong Hua replied. Feng Jiu then made him lie on the sofa and replied sternly, "No! Just tell me where it is, and I'll find it by myself. You're drunk, so just rest here."

"I'm not drunk, Xiao Bai. Fine, fine. Head into my walk-in wardrobe. Turn to the right cabinet, and you'll find it in the bottom drawer." Dong Hua then closed his eyes for a while since he was feeling a little giddy from being tipsy.

Feng Jiu walked towards Dong Hua's bedroom. Then she opened the bottom drawer and took out a face towel.

"Wait, what's this?" Feng Jiu noticed an origami paper fox sitting on top of the cabinet. Then she picked it up and observed it. "I didn't know Dong Hua was into origami, and he must really like foxes."

What she didn't know is that Dong Hua loved foxes since he was young because a group of red foxes saved him. At a young age of ten, Dong Hua escaped from the orphanage in the middle of winter as he was bullied and beaten up by his peers. He eventually got lost in the nearby forest and almost froze to death. Just when he was about to succumb to the cold, a group of red foxes appeared out of nowhere and surrounded him. They kept him warm and led him out of the forest, thus saving his life.