59. Birthday Dinner

Feng Jiu got up early to prepare for the day. Then she wrote some words on the birthday card, and she also put Dong Hua's present into her purse.

On the other side, Dong Hua got up way too early. He couldn't sleep well since he was too excited and he was also thinking about what happened last night. He lay in bed, thinking back on the flashbacks he had last night. "That kiss felt so real. I wonder how it feels like to be kissing her for real. I'm sure her lips would be as soft as how it looks." Then he smiled to himself and got up from the bed.

The cleaning lady arrived at his place, and Dong Hua went into the shower to prepare himself to leave the house.

Although they arranged to meet up at noon, Dong Hua was already waiting downstairs for her at 11.30 AM. He patiently waited for her to come down from her apartment, and he didn't want to rush her by texting her.

Feng Jiu came down at noon sharp because she didn't want Dong Hua to wait for her. While she was leaving her house, she quickly texted Dong Hua to let him know that she was heading downstairs.

Dong Hua sat up straight, and he stared at the lobby entrance to tried to spot Feng Jiu. The moment he saw her, his heart started beating faster. "Oh my gosh, she's beautiful."

Feng Jiu chose a simple but beautiful white flowery dress for today's dinner date as she wanted to dress up especially for his birthday. She usually wasn't the type to get dolled up because she preferred comfy clothing.

Dong Hua couldn't keep his eyes off her at all, and he struggled to stay calm. "Breathe, Dong Hua. Breathe." He reminded himself.

Feng Jiu then opened the car door and said, "Hey! Did you wait for a long time?" Then she smiled warmly at Dong Hua. His ice-cold heart instantly melted upon seeing her smile, and he replied cheerfully, "No. I just got here. You look nice today."

"Thanks. I'm glad that you like it." She smiled even brighter, and she thought to herself, "Good start to the day. I hope Dong Hua will like the present that I had gotten for him. I'll give it to him tonight." Feng Jiu pretended that she didn't know it was his birthday as she wanted to surprise him.

Dong Hua's heart couldn't stop pounding while he was driving, and he actually felt extremely nervous for once. Feng Jiu was the only person who could stir up emotions in this Iceblock.

All of a sudden, Feng Jiu exclaimed, "I forgot that we have to go to the seafood market and I wore white shoes! Should we head back to my place and I'll get changed into more appropriate clothing and shoes?" She pouted.

Dong Hua didn't like that idea because she looked beautiful in her dress and he hardly saw her all dressed up. Then he came up with an idea, "How about we just head to the nearby mall and I'll buy you some shoes for the market. But keep the dress on, you look beautiful in that."

Feng Jiu blushed upon hearing him compliment her, and she nodded her head lightly to agree with his plan.

They arrived at the mall shortly, and they quickly went in to look for appropriate shoes. Feng Jiu then decided to buy some sneakers as she could still wear them on a daily basis. She was a realistic person, and she didn't want to buy a pair of shoes just for one-time usage. Feng Jiu also didn't pick an expensive store to get her shoes.

"Are you sure you don't want branded shoes?" Dong Hua asked curiously. Feng Jiu then smiled and replied, "It's just a pair of shoes. I don't go for branded as long as it's comfortable to wear. Besides, I don't want you to spend too much."

"Oh? Already saving money for me? You'll make a good wife in future." He teased her.

Feng Jiu immediately blushed and thought to herself, "Wife? I have never thought of myself being someone's else wife except Dong Hua. But it's just a dream." Then she replied shyly, "I'll only rip you off when it comes to food."