11. New Beginning

Feng Jiu and Cha Cha showed Ye Qingti around the campus. Their conversations flowed freely and there wasn't any awkwardness between them. They were laughing and having fun together.

They were clearly enjoying each other's company, it was as if they had been friends for a long time.

Ye Qingti couldn't shift his gaze away from Feng Jiu. Everything about her seems perfect to him. From the way, Feng Jiu smiles passionately while talking about her favorite food to the way she laughs while making cold jokes.

Every small little thing she does was causing his heart to flutter. It was the first time he felt this way about someone.

----------------------------------------

It was past lunchtime, so the three of them dropped by the school's cafeteria for a late lunch.

"What are you both getting for lunch?" Cha Cha curiously asked Feng Jiu and Ye Qingti while they were queueing up to buy their food.

Feng Jiu: Hmm... I think I'll be getting the Braised Pork Rice.
Ye Qingti: I'm getting the Braised Pork Rice!

Feng Jiu and Ye Qingti answered at the same time.

Cha Cha raised her eyebrows upon hearing that and laughed out loud. "I guess you both have the same taste in food!"

Feng Jiu giggled and patted Ye Qingti on his shoulder while saying, "Since we have the same taste in food, I guess we are considered best friends now!"

Ye Qingti smiled brightly and nodded his head in approval. Deep down, those words meant a lot to him.

----------------------------------------

Three months flew by quickly.

The three of them were closer than ever, especially Feng Jiu and Ye Qingti. They were inseparable, doing everything together.

Ye Qingti was estranged from his family since he was young, so this was the first time in a long while, that he felt loved and accepted. He loves and treasured them so much, that he would even give up his life for them.

Ye Qingti was the type of best friend that everyone wished they had. He would often wait for hours while they shop, and he even carried their shopping bags. He would go to great lengths just to see them smile.

He was a sweetheart and definitely an ideal boyfriend material. But sadly, Feng Jiu already had someone in her heart and she was completely clueless about his feelings towards her.

Although Feng Jiu wasn't fully over Dong Hua, she had been thinking lesser about him. Some things kept her busy, such as the upcoming Final Exams and group projects.

It was a crucial period for her to prepare herself well for the finals as she wanted to make sure that she will graduate on time.

----------------------------------------

Feng Jiu's hard work paid off and she managed to pass all her final exams, with a high GPA score. Cha Cha and Ye Qingti did exceptionally well too. They were due to graduate in a week.

Feng Jiu and Ye Qingti were busy job-hunting and attending interviews lately. As for Cha Cha, she had already received a job offer and will be starting her new job soon after the graduation ceremony, which would be held next week.

Soon, it was time for them to attend their graduation ceremony.

They were happy to graduate but at the same time, they felt sad knowing that they would be spending lesser time together once they get busy with their own lives.

Feng Jiu then cried and hugged each of them, one by one.

"Don't worry, I'm sure our friendship is strong enough to withstand this! We will keep in contact daily by texting each other in the group chat, and we can always make time to meet up during the weekends." Ye Qingti said with a comforting tone.

Ye Qingti hugged the two girls who were visibly upset and promised them, that no matter what happens in the future, he wouldn't let anything or anyone break their friendship.

The three of them promised each other, that their friendship would last forever.

----------------------------------------

Although it was a joyous occasion, deep down Feng Jiu can't help but feel empty.

"How I wish Dong Hua was here for my graduation ceremony..." Feng Jiu sadly thought to herself.

But she knew that it was impossible, she could only dream about it. No matter how hard she tries to forget Dong Hua, he was always at the back of her mind.

Feng Jiu never knew that forgetting someone could be this hard.

"I have tried forgetting you, Dong Hua. But how can I forget you when you're always on my mind?"

...........................................