26. Stranger Danger

A week and a half passed. Dong Hua and Feng Jiu did everything a couple would do.

Whenever Feng Jiu had an off day, she would go on a date with Dong Hua. They went for a picnic, watched a movie together, and they would often go around hunting for good food.

They lived every single day in happiness, and everything seems to be so perfect.

They were out having lunch at a nice cafe and enjoying their date. Dong Hua also needed to visit the hospital later on, for his Bi-weekly check-up.

"I don't ever want this to end." Feng Jiu said.

"I promise you, Jiu-er. Even if someday we somehow managed to lose each other, I'll search every corner of the world just to find you."

Dong Hua smiled at Feng Jiu while tightly holding on to her hands.

"We should leave for the hospital now before it gets too late!" Feng Jiu said.

"Aww, I wanted to spend more alone time with you, Jiu-er!" Dong Hua pouted, as he was unwilling to leave.

"It's okay! We can continue our date after your check-up!"

Feng Jiu then dragged Dong Hua out of the cafe after paying the bill.

----------------------------------------

On the way to the hospital, someone appeared to be following them again.

They arrived at the hospital, and Dong Hua went for his checkup. The doctor said that his eyes were fully recovered, and it seems like he was recovering well. Then they were told to return two weeks later for his next check-up.

"Sit here and wait for me to come back, Dong Hua. I'll go settle your bills, and I'll be back shortly!"

A strange man walked up to Dong Hua after Feng Jiu left.

"Are you Dong Hua?" The strange man asked.

"Yes, and do you know me?" Dong Hua casually replied.

Feng Jiu returned when the strange man was about to do something to Dong Hua. He immediately ran away upon seeing her.

"Who is that, Dong Hua?"

"I don't know, Jiu-er. He knows my name, though."

"Hmm... that's weird. We should quickly head home now! I'm getting tired, can we continue the date again, on another day?"

Feng Jiu suddenly had a bad feeling about it. She wanted to head home immediately, before informing Lian Song and Si Ming about it.

"Sure, Jiu-er! We should quickly head home to rest if you're feeling tired!" Dong Hua then held on to Feng Jiu's hand, and they left the hospital.

----------------------------------------

Once they stepped out of the hospital, they noticed a familiar face across the street. It turns out to be Ye Qingti, and he was doing a parcel delivery nearby.

"Qingti! Qingti!" Feng Jiu yelled out to him, from across the street.

Ye qingti turned around and waved at them. The jealous Dong Hua then gave a half-smile and waved back. Then he held on to Feng Jiu's hand tightly.

Ye qingti noticed Dong Hua holding on to Feng Jiu's hand, and he felt a little upset.

Feng Jiu then signaled for Ye Qingti to wait for them, as they cross the road to meet up with him. Then the traffic light turned green and they started crossing the road.