44. Creating Opportunities

"Why are you smiling to yourself?!" Xiao Yan crept up behind Si Ming, trying to scare him. Si Ming was deep in his thoughts, and he was thinking about what happened last night with Yu Xi when he fell on top of her. "Oh? Nothing. Just tired. Why are you so early today, Xiao Yan?"

"Don't try to change the topic! Tired?! Why?! Did you went on a date with a girl yesterday night?" Xiao Yan exclaimed.

"I wouldn't count that as a date." Si Ming replied calmly.

"Wait. What?! Did you just admit that you went out with a girl?!" Xiao Yan replied shockingly, with his eyes widened.

Right at this moment, Feng Jiu entered the office. Xiao Yan immediately blurted out, "Si Ming went out with a girl yesterday!"

"What?!" Feng Jiu was in shock, and her jaws dropped slightly."I had the same reaction when I heard about it too!" Xiao Yan exclaimed, and he started to laugh. Si Ming smiled, and then he replied calmly, "Calm down, guys. It's not even that big of a deal."

"No! It is! Si Ming having a girl?! I would never have imagined that." Feng Jiu still couldn't believe what she just heard. Xiao Yan then replied sarcastically, "If Ice Face could have a girlfriend, why can't Si Ming have one too?"

"Well. That's different." Feng Jiu replied as she shrugged her shoulders lightly."How is that different? Isn't it even weirder that Ice Face had a girlfriend?" Xiao Yan replied curiously.

"That's because Dong Hua is shameless!" Feng Jiu replied with an annoyed tone. Then she turned over to Si Ming and replied, "So now, can you tell us more about that 'girl' that you were talking about?"

"I will tell you next time, and now it's time to work." Si Ming then pushed them towards their desks. "But... It wouldn't take long to tell us about her." Feng Jiu tried to make Si Ming talk, and he replied, "No more 'buts', start working now!" Feng Jiu pouted, and then Si Ming walked back to his office.

Dong Hua and Lian Song were standing at the door, and they overheard what Feng Jiu said.

"Wow, she seems mad. What did you do to offend her, that she was 'praising' you this way? Something must have happened between the two of you when I was away." Lian Song shook his head lightly.

"Oh, you think that's praising? Did your girl praise you that way too?" Dong Hua replied calmly. Lian Song then had a proud look on his face, and he replied, "Of course. She praises me every day, saying that I'm a playboy and a scum."

"Sounds about right." Dong Hua then smirked and slowly walked into the office.

Feng Jiu instantly kept quiet, upon seeing Dong Hua walking in. She thought to herself nervously, "Geez, I hope he didn't hear what I just said."

"Oh, Good morning. What brings you here today?" Si Ming asked Dong Hua. Then he replied calmly, "Just checking on the project's progress."

"Progress? We barely started." Si Ming replied confusedly. Dong Hua immediately replied, "Oh, Lian Song just came back to the office today, and I wanted him to familiarize himself with the project. He would also be working closely with your team."

Then Dong Hua looked over to Lian Song, and said, "Lian Song, right?"

"Huh? What? But I thought you said..." Lian Song felt confused, and then Dong Hua subtly elbowed him in the stomach before he could finish his sentence.

"Owww. That hurts!" Lian Song bowed over in pain. Dong Hua then stared intensively at Lian Song and replied calmly, "Oh. Your gastric acting up again?" Lian Song then looked back at Dong Hua, and immediately got the hint.