88. Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining

After slaving for days at work, Feng Jiu finally finished up on all her work. It was Friday evening, and Feng Jiu was packing up for the day. She couldn't wait to enjoy her mini staycation over the weekend.

Si Ming's wedding ceremony would be held on Sunday at 11 AM, and everyone except Dong Hua and Su Moye would be staying the night on Saturday.

As much as Dong Hua wanted to join them, he couldn't do so since he needed to work on Saturday. Round two of the competition would also be held next week, just a few days after Si Ming's wedding day.

"I wish you'll be able to join us on Saturday, Dong Hua. But I know you're busy with work." Feng Jiu said to Dong Hua before leaving the office, and she frowned.

"I'm sorry, Xiao Bai. But I'm tied down with work. I still have a few meetings to attend." Dong Hua replied, and he continued typing on his computer.

"I guess I'll see you on Sunday morning then?" Feng Jiu pouted.

"Okay, I'll see you soon. Text me when you're home and have an enjoyable trip tomorrow." Dong Hua replied casually.

"Okay! Lian Song would be driving us there, and it would be a two hour drive. Si Ming and Yu Xi are already there." Feng Jiu replied excitedly, and then she took her belongings and headed back home to prepare for her staycation.

After Feng Jiu left the office, Dong Hua immediately called Chong Lin on the phone.

Dong Hua: Postpone two of my meetings to next week, and I'll just attend the one in the morning with West Sea Group.

Chong Lin: Yes, Sir. I'll immediately get that done before I leave work. Is there anything else I could do for you?

Dong Hua: No, that's all for now.

Chong Lin: Alright, have a good night ahead, Sir. I'll see you on Si Ming's wedding day.

Dong Hua: Wait, I actually have something to ask you, and it's strictly confidential. What do people do on the beach? This is just purely for research purposes.

Chong Lin: *cleared throat* Uhm... I think they play frisbee, volleyball or swim in the sea. Sun-tanning is also another one.

Dong Hua: Not that kind of beach activity. I was thinking more of the ... Um...

Chong Lin: Oh! 'That kind' of beach activities. Well, when I go to the beach with my girlfriend, we sometimes have a small picnic and then watch the sunset. Then we would hold hands and walk along the beach.

Dong Hua: Oh, I see. Thank you, and have a good weekend.

Dong Hua then hung up the phone and immediately went online to search for 'Romantic Beach Date Ideas.'

"Hmm... I guess I could surprise Xiao Bai at the resort and then find an excuse to have a date with her at the nearby beach? She would be happy to see me, right?" Dong Hua thought to himself.

Then he continued searching for ideas online and 'fantasized' how he would spend the lovely evening with Feng Jiu at the beach. He also booked a room at the resort for Saturday night.

----------------------------------------

The next morning, Feng Jiu texted Dong Hua the moment she woke up, but he was already in a meeting.

Then she quickly hopped into the shower and got ready for their staycation. Feng Jiu also prepared a beautiful red dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. After she was done preparing, she ate a quick breakfast while waiting for Cheng Yu and Lian Song to pick her up.