Story 8 : Senpai

先輩、私はあまり求めていません。しかし、拒絶は私の感覚を覚醒させる正しい方法です。状況を明確にしてください。

Senpai, I'm not asking for too much. But rejection is the right way to keep my senses awake. Please clarify our situation, so I can let you go with no hesitation.

---★★★---

---★★★---

(Minamoto Kou X Yashiro Nene)

"Sire, Her majesty was here already." Kou's Butler announced to him as he closed the book that he's reading.

It's been so long since he and Yashiro have a time to be together.

And this day, is the day of their parents approval in their marriage. Kou loves Yashiro, not as a friend but more than that.

But he has doubts. Because what matters to him is Yashiro's happiness. They were just kids when they play about the Marriage thing. The two thought it was only a joke.

But it doesn't seem like all the jokes were funny. Because their parents want them to be together and use their friendship as a sign that they can be more than that.

Kou knows, that his feelings were unacceptable for her. Because she's not the right one for him.

"Kou-Kun." Her gentle voice makes him smile at her.

But their reaction... It's sad.

"Senpai, you know that I seriously like you. But I'm not asking for too much if you can love me back. We still have time to cut ties."

Yashiro's eyes widen in shock as she looked at Kou's serious face. On the other hand, Minamoto Tiara was watching them from afar. Enjoying the scene that the two will not get along.

Because she knows Yashiro's secret. And if their marriage come true, Tiara will be the one who'll destroy their wedding.

They're not for each other. And Tiara wants the best for her big brother.

"Why are you asking me to cut ties? If this happened... My, No. Our parents, will be dissapointed."

"You're being weak. So what if that happened? I don't care about them. What I care is about our future together. And to be honest... I can see my future to you. But I don't know if you think the same way. We're both different people but we want what's the best in our life." Kou sighed as he rubbed his hair using his right hand.

"I'm not selfish. I am always selfless. Because I don't want for the both of us to suffer more. Marriage is a cell. A chain. A prison. A locked up place." Kou said honestly.

"And I want to be locked with my future wife." Kou whisper as Yashiro hugged him.

"I know your selfless. But I care for you too. I'm afraid to say it aloud to you because I know it hurts so much to be rejected. Besides, I know that you're the one who's suffering the most. Stop pretending to be tough. Kou-Kun."

"I need to be tough, because I have too." Kou's voice suddenly become cold.

"My brother reject your proposal because he doesn't like you. And if you force him to be with you, you'll both suffer and become toxic in your relationship. I think, your marriage path with the Minamoto Clan is unlucky. Like now... You don't like me, because you know that were not for each other. And I happen to be rejected." Kou smiled.

Force and can't stand the atmosphere around them.

"Even if you didn't want to say it. Through your actions, I know I've been rejected. I want you to say it in front of me Senpai." Kou wrapped his arms around Yashiro's waist as he burried his face on her neck.

"I need a clear answer, and if it's your decision. I have no rights to say no."

Minutes passed and they stayed like that. Until Yashiro sighed.

"I'm... Sorry."

'For what?' Kou silently asked inside his head.

"I only like you... As a friend." Her words were like a knife. But he can handle it.

"I'm sorry if I have to do this." Kou apologize as he put his both hands on Yashiro's cheeks as he kissed her.

Full of love... But it was bitter.

Yashiro tried to push him away until he let go.

"From now on... You will never step a foot on this mansion. You have no connections with me."

"You'll have no regrets on leaving me Senpai. I promise... And, I can't accept that were supposed to be friends after this." Kou's eyes shifted to Yashiro's back as he sees Tiara looking happy.

"I'm glad to the two of you. This was supposed to happen." Tiara was in front of Kou now like she's protecting him.

"Because it's such an eyesore to see you guys acting like a couple when I clearly see that it's not. Besides... You should be with your beloved, Nee-San." Tiara sighed.

"My brother deserves the best. Because he's been in so much pain than the any other. He's been acting like a fine one but he's not... I think, I'll hate you more if you didn't stay away." Tiara likes Yashiro, but like her brother... She doesn't want to be forced too.

Yashiro started to cry with a force smile on her face as she bowed down as a sign of respect.

"Thank you for the memories. Goodbye... And I won't bother the Minamoto Clan anymore. I'll leave you guys for good." She ran away as Tiara started to cry too.

"I hate this. Why do we have to repeat the family's tradition? No matter how hard we break it, it was useless. Unless there's an issue that can break the marriage proposal. We're not even free to choose our own-"

"Please... Don't interfere with the others like that. You just showed up out of no where."

"Because if it takes too long, you'll might ended up doing something else. Yashiro-Senpai was in a relationship with the Prince of Hell. Hanako-Sama is powerful too." Tiara walks away as Kou was left alone.

It's finally over. He's going to start another chapter. Without Yashiro in his life.