Story 14 : The Story of Us

わたしは、あなたを愛しています

"I LOVE YOU."

---★★★---

---★★★---

(Akane Aoi X Aoi Akane)

Akane Aoi is a girl with an Indigo hair. She doesn't usually go out in their house because of her Parent's status. She was a noble. 

And as a Kid, she wanted to experience what's outside. Knowing how to play like the other kids too. Not taking embroidery lessons and always being assisted by the maids to dress her even though she can handle the basics all by herself. 

Others said she should be thankful that she was destined to have a good life. But she was always problematic that anyone who couldn't understand what she feel about her life. 

It's suffocating her like there's a chain around her body. Her hair is being tied up tight by the clips that each tips of it hurt her scalp. 

She wish she can be rebellious and fight for her own rights. Because she knows what's the best. 

Women in ancient time should be polite, always stays at home and got married to a man and have a lot of kids. And LOVE wasn't applied in there. 

Because there's no Gender equality. Their voice was trapped in the box. But she's not gonna take her life in that forceful way. 

She'll gonna get love. She'll leave her perfect life... For the boy... For the one she love. 

The day comes when she will get married. To the boy whom she trust the most will stab her back in the heart. 

And they need to clarify their relationship, starting right now. Under a Sakura tree where most of the people confess their feelings. 

"Akane-Kun, why are you being like this? I thought... I-I trusted you!" She yelled as she started to tear up. 

Is she gonna ended the same like the others? Tolerating their husband and wait for them at home while they work? Do all the cleaning and ended up having a bad night? 

"You're my childhood friend! You know I always want the best for myself." She sounds selfish who doesn't want any challenges in life. BUT THIS IS HER CHALLENGE. To change her life without her parents meddling about what's the best for her. 

"You said you want a free life Ao-Chan? I'll give it to you in this way where we can get married." Akane-Kun sighed as he looked at her.

"We'll get divorce after a year." His words seemed to be in pain after saying it out. Akane does love Aoi... But it seemed like he can't force her to love him back. And like what she wants, he wanted what's the best for her. 

And because of that, everything changed. They get married and live in the same roof. The advantage of their friendship makes them closer than before. 

Akane-Kun was taking care of her, making her feel at home and always listen to her opinions. He was far different from the other's who was wearing a mask before marriage then showing their real colors after a year. 

Aoi-Chan feels right. He was not uptight and demanding. They do fight sometimes but it was always for her sake. 

The only married couple things that they did was to sleep together without doing anything. Sweet talks, a wife cooking for his husband. Them taking a stroll together and buy what they need. Sometimes, she was always mistook for being single but Akane was like a Knight... Ready to protect her. 

"Ao-Chan, I'm going to leave. Please don't wait for me and take care of yourself." He hugged her as he kissed her from the forehead and cheeks. 

"わたしは、あなたを愛しています" he let go of her as she hugged him back. 

"Please take care of yourself, Akane-Kun." She kissed his cheeks as she felt her face started to get warm. 

But everything doesn't feel the same. Like there's something wrong. But she just decided to shut up and shrugged it off her head. As Akane-Kun closed the door of her house. She feel lonely. 

And her heart is thumping so fast. Is she nervous? Or... Does she like him? 

Time passed by, it was already 5 months... And no Akane-Kun delivered a letter or go inside their house to make good jokes. 

And she's crying. For the fact that she was holding the divorce paper. 

Her answer to his words? "I love you too, Akane-Kun." This time, she was sincerely saying it out loud. But she knows he's not going back. As she read the letter behind the divorce paper. 

𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮. 𝙎𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚 𝘼𝙤-𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙣. 𝙄'𝙢 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤. 𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚. 𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪.