5 - Sabrina

"Christi!" I shout, not believing my eyes. "What? How did you get here?" The flood of questions overflows from my mouth. But can you blame me? Christi! Right here! What? How is this possible?! I rush forward to embrace her. We hug tightly and only disconnect when Kase clears his throat.

"Sorry," Christi mutters sheepishly. He shrugs. I nudge Christi and whisper something in her ear. She smiles mischievously and nods. I smirk, this will be interesting! She strides up to Kase and puts one arm around his shoulders.

"Kase, my boy!" she exclaims. I fall over laughing. The way she says it is just plain hilarious! Kase just rolls his eyes.

"Christi, my girl!" he responds, looking proud of his comeback. Christi laughs, and pats his shoulder.

"Good try, but I came up with it first!"

"Shucks!" Kase exclaims. I glance at Christi's neck.

"Good, you still have it," I say, referring to our necklaces. She nods.

"You too?" I bob my head in response. She makes a sound of relief. My hand reaches for the chain hanging around my neck. I pull it out from under my swimsuit. A single gem is hanging off of it. A yellow tourmaline, to be exact, in the shape of a heart too.

"What are they?" Kase questions, taking interest. I glance at Christi. She shrugs, giving me her, I don't know him, it's your call, look. I glance around the cell anxiously.

"Okay, we found them on our beds with a card written from the other," I explain shortly.

"Ahh." He takes a long glance before tearing his eyes away. I exchange a glance with Christi. I turn to her.

"So, Christi, did you bring me a sweatshirt at least?" I ask hopefully.

"No, sorry," she tells me apologetically.

"Christi!" I pout. I desperately want something warmer than this annoying swimsuit. Ah well. I yawn, a large yawn, and quickly cover my mouth. But it is too late. The other two have seen.

"Oh, is little Sabrina tired?" Christi coos, in a baby voice. I stick my tongue out at her, and then Kase joins.

"Does she need a little nappy nap?" He smirks. I lightly punch him in the shoulder.

"Hey! What was that for?" he whines. I smile sweetly at him, sit down on the bed and steal the pillow from the floor where Kase had left it earlier.

"That's mine!" Kase complains.

"Yeah? Well maybe you should think twice about teasing me next time," I retort, rolling over. Soon, I'm fast asleep.

🎔

The nightmares come tonight. Dark, haunting.

Demons of the dark.

There isn't a lot of detail, more feeling, and thought.

It's not a lot.

But it's enough to scare me.

🎔

"Christi, Kase?" I yawn, stretching out my muscles. No response.

"Kase? Christi?" I ask again. Silence. Where could they be? I wonder. I check under the cot. Nobody. I have no idea where else they would be, so I sit down. I think way back to before I fell asleep. Christi had just come back, and I asked her if she had a change of clothes. But I don't remember anything about moving cells. I mean, it's the only logical explanation. But were they found? Did they get discovered and hauled away by some guard? I hope not.