17 - Sabrina

Ah... blessed summer. Well, almost, I suppose. It's the last day of school! But there is something bothering me. What mistake did Christi make? She seems pretty upset about it, so she must think it was pretty bad. Honestly though, I have never really seen her make huge mistakes before. Unless you count putting too much baking soda in the cupcakes once.

I guess I will have to ask her at school. I hope she moves past it soon though. After school is out, we have a lot of time to figure out this weird web of weirdness. Yes, very descriptive.

I sigh.

I just had to be dropped off early today, just had to. Well, I suppose I could have walked. But in this heat? Uh, no thanks!

How early did I have to wake up to get here? You might ask. Let's just say around... 6:35. Okay, okay. So I know that doesn't sound very early for some of you crazy weirdos, but technically I woke up at four thirty, and then fell back asleep again. So yes, it counts!

I rest my head on my desk. Only a few other people are even at school, or at least kids I should say. Some of the teachers are here, but almost no kids.

I am about thirty or so minutes early. Most of the other kids are here to retake tests and such. But not me! Lucky, lucky me.

See, my mom had to go to a meeting, or doctor's appointment, or maybe she had to go out of town. I mean, when she told me I was half asleep, so do you blame me for not listening?! I basically just lay there, nodding my head like a bobblehead.

I glance at the clock. Ah darn. I forgot. The clock isn't working. Oh yeah! I have a watch. I glance at my left wrist. Really? I forgot my watch on the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL??? What is wrong with me. Ugghhh. Now I have to look at my phone now! Or, I can go into another classroom. Hmmm, tough decision.

Not really. I guess I will just have to trudge to another boring classroom. Ugh. Now for the choice of the day! Should I go to the math room, to the left of me? Or to the reading room, to the right of me.

I ponder, to pass time. Even though I don't know what time it is.

And the final conclusion... Reading it is! Actually, that wasn't very hard. Math sucks. I mean, don't get me wrong, math nerds. I just kind of... despise it.

So I struggle out of the classroom. My legs feel like wet noodles, because of little use. Also, I spilled water on them when I went to the water fountain. But that is beside the point! Actually, I have no idea what the point is.

I quickly poke my head into the room, to see, and see one too many things. I see the time. But the teacher sees me.

Darn it. I just wanted to know the time! Why universe must you do this?! I mean, as far as teachers go, she is absolutely awesome. But I wanted to avoid talking to people. Especially in the morning.

"Good morning Sabrina!" She greets me cheerily.

"Uh, hi, Mrs. Drail," I greet awkwardly. I mean, really. I'm just standing weirdly at her door. And yes, Drail. I actually like it. But anyway.

"Did you study for my test today?" She asks, shuffling some papers. A lightning bolt of panic shoots through me.

"Heh. Yeah! Uh huh. Studied, really hard!" I say, internally freaking out.

"Good, good," she says, looking back down at some papers. I slowly start to exit, trying to escape this awkward encounter.

As soon as I am out of there, the bell finally rings. At last! Some fellow kids. I ditch my stuff in the Social Studies classroom and go off in search of Christi.