19 - Sabrina

Uh, excuse me? This does not look like a haven to me. Maybe there is more than one and we found the wrong one? Who knows. My hopes are crushed like a soda can under a car. This was supposed to be a safe place! The sanctuary. What happened to it? And where are Lupo and Skifter?

"Christi, what happened? I thought we were supposed to come to a haven!" I exclaim sadly. She somehow seems unfazed, however, merely taking in her surroundings.

"Sabrina, don't you remember what the man said? He told us that we won't be able to see them right away. I think we have to do something to get it to appear." Christi muses thoughtfully.

Oh yeah, kinda forgot about that. Oops. Well, that clears a few things up I guess. But what do we have to do? I have no clue. Heheh, I should become a poet!

I feel a pawing at my leg, and I jump backward.

"Agh!!" I cry, then look down. Ah, of course, it's just the dog.

Add that to the list of things I forgot about. I kneel down and begin to stroke him. He leans into me and then falls on the floor for a belly rub. I happily comply.

While I had lost Kai, I at least still had this cutie. He reminds me of Kai too, he always liked a belly rub.

"I wonder what we need to do though. It's not like we have powers or anything. All we really have are our Soul Animals and our necklaces. Both of which are no help here." Christi says, sounding slightly defeated.

"Hey, look on the bright side. At least we have the dog here!" I say, trying to cheer her up. She perks up.

"That's it!" She exclaims.

"What's it?" I ask, now very intrigued.

"It has something to do with the dog!" She tells me, her excitement becomes contagious. I turn to him.

"We need a name for you." I state, "how about... George!" I say.

"Uh Sabrina, it's a she," Christi tells me.

"Ah, well, then how about Destiny!" I offer. She nods in agreement.

"Sounds good! But now, what are we supposed to do with her? I mean, it most definitely isn't obvious. But still, any ideas?" Christi asks, even though I am probably the last person on the planet who would have any ideas right now.

"Nope, none. Well, except for this one that I just came up with!" I say, a little lightbulb going off in my head.

"And would you care to tell me?" Christi pries.

"Sure! We can go over to that one little overhang, and hold up Destiny, like in the Lion King!" I exclaim, bouncing with excitement. Christi laughs a little but then turns serious.

"Sabrina, this is a serious situation, we have to focus!" Christi scolds, sounding a bit like my mom. And to be honest, you don't want to sound like her. I mean, don't get me wrong, she is a great person. She just really pushes on the chores! I hate chores. It would take a lot of chores to clean up this place.

Christi snaps her fingers in front of my face to get my attention.

"What? Oh, sorry. Maybe we should at least look around? Maybe there are some clues," I suggest, trying to contribute.

"Yeah, okay," Christi agrees and moves over to the left. I move to the right and start to shift some ashes and rocks. It's all grey, just grey. A really boring shade too. Like, if it's gonna be grey, make it a little cooler color grey!

Destiny follows me, sniffing excitedly at everything, even though it isn't very interesting. She sticks her face into a pile of ashes, and sneezes.