17 - Christi

"Well..." I start. I look back at Sabrina. "Dude, come on! Help a friend out!" I mutter. I glare, feeling the soft wisps of my hair. It's grown a little bit since I last checked, reaching a few inches past my shoulders.

"It's all you," she answers. I glare.

"Fine..."

"Well, are you going to tell me?" Jace interrupts.

"Oh yeah. Sorry. So, we, I mean I was at Adelaide's because... because..." I trail off. Like, how am I supposed to explain everything that has happened to this one freaking guy that looks at me like he's expecting the most normal thing in the world? HOW?!?! HOW?!?!?!? That's impossible! It's impossible! Everything in my life is impossible! HOW?!?! Not one person could even try to explain Soul Animals, Zaroho, underwater prisons, portals, and bubbles to this guy! It's totally insane. All so insane! Like, that's... who could even try? Who is going to believe a thing that we went through? WHO?!?!?! LIKE!!!!!!!!!

"...and that's it," I hear Sabrina say.

"Wait, what?" I ask.

"I just told him the story," she says.

"THAT QUICKLY?!" I almost scream.

"Uh... yeah..." she answers. I shake my head.

"Okay... well, I ought to be goin! Toodle Oo!"

"Homeroom isn't over yet, Christi," says Jace.

"Right..." I mutter, reluctantly sitting back in my seat. I angrily open my chrome book, and glare at its screen.

"Uh.. are you okay, Christi?" Jace says.

"I'm fine," I growl.

"She's gonna be okay..." I hear Sabrina say. "She's like this all the time. You know, we're all angsty teens these days."

I turn to face them. Angsty teens? Gee, that sounds great.

"Okay..." Jace says finally. Then he turns to go back to his seat.

"How are we... why did we? UGH!" I throw my hands up in the air, frustrated.

"Why did we what?" Sabrina asks.

"Why did we trust Jace?" I respond.

"Uh..."

"He's mean, a freak, and really really untrustworthy. And also..."

"Christi, I don't know where you got all those things about him from, but he is a very nice person."

"Very funny," I say.

"What's wrong with you?" Sabrina presses. "You're talking nonsense, Christi. Are you really okay?"

I sigh. "I'm fine."

"No, you're not," she snaps.

"Why ya getting all ferocious on me?" I say in a slight accent, then glare harshly.

"Why are you acting so... un-Christine like?"

"I..."

"Well?"

"I dunno!"

"You just need a break. If you ever need to talk to me, I'll be here," Sabrina reassures.

I sigh. "Okay..."

"Yeah... so..."

"Girls, are you done yet? We're going to play a last day of school game before classes start," Mr. W is now standing by us.

"Oh... yeah, we're done," I answer.

He claps his hands together. "Perfect! All right!"

He moves towards the front of the classroom.