12 - Sabrina

Today is Adelaide's birthday party. Yay? I'm not really sure what to expect, and definitely not sure why she invited me. I mean, Christi, I can understand that she might invite her, because she doesn't hate her like she hates me, but really. Why me? It's all very confusing. Maybe because she knew that Christi wouldn't go without having a friend go too, but why did she invite Christi in the first place? She's basically already invited the entire grade, so what's it to her that we go? Who knows. Well, obviously not me.

I gaze down at the revoltingly pink invitation, trying to find a hidden meaning or something. Nothing. Just a lot of pink, and glitter. The girl needs to tone down on the glitter! I mean, it's like she dumped half the container on one card! I can barely even read the words. Although I suppose that might be because it's pink lettering on pink.

Christi had to go home, after learning the very alarming news about Katy, I can only imagine what she's going through right now. I lost Kai, but if Jago went into a coma, I would lose it. Even if I act like I don't, I really do love my brother.

I pick up my phone, and finger the pale yellow case. I turn it on, type my passcode, and just stare at that screen. This destroyed Christi. This here, it delivered the news, that ripped her apart.

I open my texts. Search for Christi's name. Right here, right at the top. In bold lettering: Christi!!!. I click on it, and begin to type.

Me: Hey Christi. I just want to say that I'm sorry. Sorry for what happened with Katy, sorry that Skifter and you aren't as close. Sorry that you are in this mess. But I just want to let you know, that I'll be right here for you, and that I'm your best friend, and that means that whatever you are going through, I'm going through right beside you. Wow, that is the longest text I have ever sent. Or sending. Or... ya know what? I'm gonna shut up now.

Christi: Thanks Sabrina, that means a lot 😊

Me: Hey, anytime.😊 So, any thoughts about the b-day party?😕🎉

Christi: 😕Not really. It's all so confusing! Why would she invite us anyways?

Me: Yeah! So, when does it start? Also, where exactly is it?

Christi: 🙄😄It says on the invite!

Me: But its so hard to read! I mean, pink on pink? I can't read that! Only Adelaide...🙄

Christi: *it's

Me: 🤷Same difference. But really, do you know when? Or where? Or why?

Christi: I can answer two of those. It's at 3, and at her house. Also, bring a bathing suit, it's a pool party!🏊

Me: Alrighty, will do,👌 thanks!

Christi: Anytime!👍

So it's a pool party. I glance at my stupid boot. So I go downstairs, and ask my mom if I can take it off, just for the party.

"Just this time though!" she reminds me, as I happily climb back upstairs. I check the time. Oh, shoot! It's 2:40! Oh gosh! Okay, okay, swimsuit, goggles, present...

I stop in my tracks. Oh darn. Darn, darn, darn. I FORGOT A PRESENT!!! Okay, um...

"MOM!" I shout hurriedly down the stairs.

"What honey?" she calls back.

"Did you get a present for the birthday party?" I yell.

"As a matter of fact, I did!" she informs me. I sigh in immense relief.

"Where is it?"

"On the kitchen table. Hurry!" she says. I rush and quickly change into my swimsuit, and shove some normal clothing on top. "Okay, let's go!" I say, kicking off my boot, rushing out the door, and I throw the car door open. Mom follows, and soon, we are off.