5 - Christi

"Kase, why would you do such a thing!" I nearly shriek.

"I'm serious! I didn't! I promise!" Kase insists, trying to urge the fact that he didn't do anything. I want to believe him, because he's the only person that can get us out of here, but the tone of his voice doesn't seem right. It seems as if he's almost lying to us. Why would he do that? We woke up in ropes, tied up like we were dead meat. Tied up like we didn't matter. Like we are prisoners. Which I guess we kind of are. Or at least Sabrina is.

"Well," I say, looking at Sabrina, "if you get us out of this mess, and take us home, then all will be alright." I feel the control of my voice getting to Kase's heart.

"But... you're already out of your ropes, and..." he stammers, and I have the urge to throw him into the ocean and feed him to the sharks. That's how I feel right now. I'm not having any tolerance for him. He betrayed my best friend, and I am not going to trust him until he gets us out of here. I can be nice, but right now, it's not the time.

"Kase," I responds, starting out easy, "get... us... OUT OF HERE!" I scream. Kase cringes, and I glare at him.

"You promised Sabrina that you would get us out of here. You would get her out. You haven't. Instead you have tied us up, like we were your prisoners! Is that acceptable? No! I came here to save my best friend! Do you know how much it hurts to know that the one person who your bestie actually trusted betrayed her? Do you understand, mister? I am not going to tolerate you unless you actually get us out of here! Got it?! I don't know why you're being so... so..." I stop there. I think I've proved my point. Kase cowers, looking down at the floor.

"I'm sorry, I'm ashamed of myself." I want to yell even louder than ever before because I am fed up with this guy who is ruining my life.

"You SHOULD be!!!! You should be really ashamed of yourself, Kase. No longer will you be trusted unless you get us OUT OF HERE! Am I clear?!?!?!??" Kase's eyes lock on my necklace, and I turn away.

"I'm not speaking to you until you know what! Sabrina, take care of him." I glare at the wall, clearly fed up with Kase's absolute disruption. Sabrina looks at me, then Kase. She doesn't know what to do. She just stalks off, well sort of. She huddles in a corner while Kase keeps looking at our necklaces. I eye Sabrina, and she shrugs, her trust still wavering. I don't know why he's looking at us like that, so I turn my necklace into a bracelet, and wrap it around my ankle before Kase can see me do it. Sabrina does the same while Kase looks at my neck. He seems very confused and perplexed, but I don't care. Serves him right for not doing the right thing and confessing. Of course, even if he did confess, we still probably wouldn't trust him.

Who trusts a guy that basically wraps you in chains and ropes while you're sleeping? Huh? Anyone not in their right mind, that is. Anyone that thinks people named Kase are good. I mean, how many people do I know named Kase? One, and he betrayed us, so that doesn't count. I exchange a look with Sabrina, and she nods. If we want to get out, then we need to ask Kase to take us.

"Ahem. Kase?" He turns to us, scowling. I shrug, and Sabrina does the same. Kase looks at us weirdly, and I'm worried that our plan will backfire.

"Kase, so. We will remain in trust with you..." He starts to smile. "Wait! We will remain in trust with you, if you promise that you will GET US OUT OF HERE!" Sabrina seems to be in a little bit of shock. I guess she's never heard me like this before. Peculiar. Well she should know that if anyone, anyone dare betray her, they'll have to deal with me. That's what a best friend does. Not only protect, but love them and care for them too. Also, Sabrina's mom once told me: Always make friends with someone who makes you feel good about yourself. If they don't, then they shouldn't be your friend. I think that rule should apply to everyone. Every single living being on this planet.