Chapter 10

2019, September 11h - wednesday | 2pm

Aster's P.O.V:

If I wasn't waking up this late in the middle of the week, I would never believe last night - this morning? - actually happened. I mean, I'm still having some hard time to even think about it.

Did we actually kissed?

Maybe I was just hallucinating from, you know, sleep deprivation.

It just don't seem quite possible that Harry and I would do it. Not nowadays, anyway. We cannot stand each other, so why the fuck kiss? It was so weird, in the moment he touched the bunny charm on my wrist, it was like we were teleported to 9 years ago. Seriously, I even felt like I was 15 again and was having my first kiss, it was that good. I mean, it was even better, considering it got a lot steamier than the other time we've kissed.

But now, now I have no idea what should I do about it. I mean, yeah, Harry was being nice to me before it happened, we even got to have a normal, civil conversation like the two adults we are, but I haven't forgot the mean things he said to me just a little earlier. He was just so cruel, and touched such a sore spore, and it was totally uncalled for.

I know I'm not the same Aster he met twenty and something years ago - I know that I've changed after we left New York and never came back to see me, but it's not like I've turned to a completely different person. I've just grown up. I've matured, turned into a woman. Yes, we did grow up together and for a period of time, Harry was the person who best knew me, but I was a child, then a teenager, just as he was too.

During the past 9 years, we turned to adults, living different experiences that molded us to what we are today. I don't know what Harry has been through ever since he left New York, and he definitely doesn't the experiences I had over the past 9 years. I'm sure that if he did, he would never call me uptight, like ever again. I can only imagine what it would've been like if Harry was around when I went to college, and even though I have no idea if he is into that kind of stuff, I'm pretty sure we would have a great time together.

But I promised myself I would leave that part of me behind, along with the cigarettes, the parties, the liquor. The moment I left college and started my adult life in S&L, I've promised I would never do that again. I'm an adult now, a business woman, and I should act like one. I need to be collected, respectful, tough and that's exactly what I'm doing. Can't say that that part of me is dead, but it sure is locked deep inside of me and it won't come out to play any time soon.

My career is my main focus. My only objective. And while I don't prove myself worthy of everything I'm going to inherit someday, I won't let myself fall down to that rabbit hole again.

It doesn't matter how good it was.

Albeit, I have to say I'm definitely curious to know what Harry would have to say about it... Would he be surprised? I bet he would. To see what the corporate robot is really like.

Don't be so idiot, Aster. The rational part of myself laughs in my mind. He would probably find something rude and diminishing to say.

Sighing, I roll over the bed, finally crawling myself out and stretching my back. Tate is still full asleep by my side, as he usually does, and I tiptoe to the closet attached to my room. It's almost 2:30pm and I know I will have a full day.

Enough of fantasizing, reality is calling.

***

"Good afternoon, Ms. Aster" Mrs. Davis throws me a bright smile as soon as I step out of the elevator, and I see with the corner of my eyes when Dennis and Stephanie straightens their postures, both putting their phones down in record time. "Is everything OK?"