Chapter 41

Oh (baby, it's you)

Pussy is God, and I (baby, it's you)

Your pussy is God, and I love it

Gonna kiss me real hard, make me want it, ah

Your pussy is God and I love it

Gonna kiss me real hard

You know that it's God, baby, when you're around her

I've been praying for hours

You know that it's God, baby, when you're around her

She's God and I've found her, oh

Song: Pussy is God, by King Princess

(This song will make an appearance in this chapter, so I strongly advise you to hear it!)

***

Harry's P.O.V.: 

I didn't imagine it would be so easy to fall back asleep.

After everything that happened, I thought my mind would keep rambling till it was too much and I had to down a few glasses of bourbon to take me off the edge. You know, like most of my nights - or mornings.

But for some reason, having her in my arms and knowing that, at least for now, she is safe here with me, was a hell of a tranquilizer.

What is definitely not a tranquilizer is waking up to an empty bed.

I mean, the motherfucker left me again? Just when I was starting to think Aster is opening up a little bit, she goes and flees again.

I guess it's understandable, after that cockwomble she has for a father paying a visit and basically admitting and proving everything I said was the truth. She must have her head over hills right now trying to cope with everything, but I thought she would like, let me help or something.

Goddamnit, she shouldn't even be walking around by herself anymore.

I kinda screwed everything up by killing that dude, didn't I? Even though I love Phillip getting life threats, I ended up putting a target on Aster's back as well.

Fuck me in the ass, I'm an idiot.

Well, looking at the bright side, at least now I have an acceptable reason for being around her all the time. You see? Everything is a matter of perspective.

And the perspective right now is that Aster is alone when she definitely shouldn't be. Jesus Christ, I can't get a minute of peace over here!

Kicking the covers, I jolt from the bed, almost stumbling over my feet and falling to my arse. I'm still wearing sweatpants, so I stride to my closet to grab a clean t-shirt and some shoes so I can run to her place and make sure she is safe.

Gonna have to have a serious conversation with Aster about safety. And consider a raise for Abel and Rickie, one of them will always have to be around her while I can't. Shit, I'm going to lose a fucking right arm, they're both great at their jobs. Abel can negotiate like a fucking king and Rickie is simply sublime at the art of getting answers out of the right person, but they're also the only people I actually trust enough to take care of Aster's safety.