Chapter 54

Here we go again, hands behind my back
And she gives me a million reasons why I should hate her
But I can't, 'cause she's my troublemaker
And we're stuck in a moment, heart like a stolen car
And I can't control it, man, I should really hate her
But I can't, 'cause she's my troublemaker

Song: Troublemaker, by Picture This

***

2019, November, 15th - Friday | 7 pm

Harry's P.O.V.:

Have you ever been to a work related get-together party? No?

Let me save you the trouble - they fucking suck.

I mean, you would think being a pharmaceutical industry we would have lots of recreational drugs to make things more interesting, but the closest we have for booze here are those chocolate thingys that are filled with conhaque and tastes like feet.

Apparently, these get-togethers happen every month to celebrate the birthdays of the employees or whatever. I managed to skip October's party because I was in Washington with Aster, but I hadn't any excuse not to come here today.

Well, to be honest, I don't think I would need an excuse, but the idea of not being in a party where Aster and Jones are is even less appealing than not coming at all. So yeah, here I am, but I can't seem to find Aster anywhere.

At least Jones is here, being all hunky and short next to the other boring guys from Finance, so as I long as I can keep an eye on him, it's fine.

I wonder where Aster is right now, I haven't seen her around yet. I arrived at S&L after lunch, as usual, and she was trapped at a meeting with the other lawyers. But this morning, while we were still on bed and I was groaning about her fucking alarm going off at 5 am, she asked me if I was coming to this lame-ass party, so I guess she will be here soon.

Ever since what happened that night at the drugstore, Aster has been crashing at my place almost every night. She said she feels insecure and a little paranoid when she is alone, and it doesn't matter how many times I've told her her apartment is safe, she still would rather stay in my place instead - and hey, I'm not complaining. I don't understand why she feels safer there, considering she stays alone almost all the time - most part of my work with molly is during the wee hours, but I'll not lie, I adore getting home after a long, hard night and finding her flimsy body over my bed.

Besides, I sleep way better knowing she is safely by my side. The only down side of it all is waking up at fucking 5 with her alarm almost every morning.

It's quite weird how domestic and comfortable this new found routine is working for us. There are nights we don't even have sex - which is kind of a waste if you think about it, but, in the other hand, it feels freeing to just relax by her side sometimes. Of course, we fuck a lot too, both Aster and I a little too found of the dirty stuff, but lately it has even been a bit tamer than the first few times we were together. It's good as fuck, but different.

Not a bad difference, though.

We never talked about us, so I have no idea what the fuck this relationship we have going on is, we haven't labeled it or discussed about exclusivity or something like that, but we also haven't been with other people as well - I mean, I definitely haven't, and considering the amount of time Aster stays with me, I don't think she has neither.

I've been meaning to try and have this conversation with her, but I don't want to sound clingy or too needy - I mean, I'm obviously crazy about her and she must know it already, so it's not like I need to say it out loud. The thing is, I'm not entirely sure she reciprocates my feelings. Well, of course she does at some level. I know she cares about me and enjoys my company, the sex is great and we laugh a lot when we're together, but to say that she definitely feels the same about me would be too much optimism, and I'm not an optimistic guy.