Chapter 26

2019, October, 5th - friday | 6pm

Aster's P.O.V

I guess it's safe to say I didn't have to worry so much about this trip becoming something unbearable because of what happened between Harry and I the night before we took the flight. If I knew things would be the way it has been during these past two days, I wouldn't have lost my sleep over it.

Don't think I've worked so damn much in my entire life.

From the moment I wake up and take a quick shower before getting dressed, to the moment I'm crawling back to my room at the end of the day, with sore legs and a killer headache, I haven't had a moment of free time - I mean, we haven't had a moment of free time. Honestly, we have been so damn occupied we didn't even found time to fight, and considering is me and Harry I'm talking about, this is saying a lot.

Our days has been starting early, arriving to the PTS at 8am. Between going to see the different stands, attending to lectures about market and production tendencies, presenting S&L for those who doesn't know us and increasing our network, neither Harry or I have had energy left to fight each other, which is new. Even when the day ends and we're back to the hotel, all we do is to share a quick dinner, I help him with the bandages on his knuckles and then we go to sleep - in our separate rooms, of course.

To be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised with Harry's whole demeanor here. When I first learned he would come along, I was super angry, because I actually thought he would simply ruin everything just to bug me, but he hasn't been nothing but perfect for the job. His natural charming and captivating personality makes it easy to break the ice and attract new clients or start healthy discussion with other people in the field. When he is acting the way he is, super professional but also friendly, everybody seems to like him, which is great. I have to be honest here, I do not have the most friendly type of personality, coming off as an introvert most part of the time. I'm not shy, I just don't feel too comfortable talking to people I don't know, and having Harry around has been a great balance.

After spending the entire morning at the fair and having a quick lunch at the local cafeteria - that didn't have any vegan option so I got stuck with a salad and an orange juice - we came straight to a lecture about homeopathic pharmacology, which is the most boring and irrelevant topic to S&L.

I mean, I have nothing against alternative medicine and these kind of treatments - personally I do prefer to try more natural ways to fight the flu or some other disease, but when it comes to S&L, it simply doesn't add anything to us. We are the biggest, most successful pharmaceutical industry of the county and trust me, it is not because of the alternative type of medicine.

We produce and sell drugs, and that's the way it is.

However, both Harry and I are stuck here in his boring ass lecture, and the only reason we're still around is because one, our dads said we should be here and understand better this growing new market and two, there's an open bar going on.

"Here." Harry whispers, sitting back to my side after going get us refills and handling me a new glass of whisky on the rocks. In his glass the whisky is neat. "I have terrible news." He says sternly.

"What?" I whisper under my breath, leaning my shoulder against his so we get closer and not become a distraction to others.

"The booze is almost finished." He says hauntingly "And there's still two more hours of this lecture."

"Oh, for fuck's sake." I glance to the watch in my wrist. It's 6:35pm, how is it possible that this lecture can still last that long? "You're kidding right?"